admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

The new Vietnam Airlines website is finally back online, so you'll be once more able to check prices, flight timetables and even apparently book online.

The English version of the Vietnam Airlines website can be found here.

It doesn't seem to work properly in Firefox though, so you'll be needing to use Internet Explorer to do much with it, and umm, well while I'm moaning, the downloadable timetable is 22meg!

#1 Posted: 7/3/2007 - 14:20

• Advertisement

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Actually its been up for over 2 weeks.

Not all features have been activated though - e-ticketing limited to domestic flights at the moment.

Pacific Airlines is way ahead and issuing e-tickets.

Remember, buying your tickets is always cheaper than using a travel agent in VietNam as commissions have been eliminated and now agents simply surcharge your ticket up to 10%.

#2 Posted: 8/3/2007 - 22:41

• steviej

Joined Travelfish
    18th March, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 2
    Places visited:
    At least 32

My Lord....................

I checked out a UK based Vietnam Airlines website (http://www.vietnamairlines.uk.com) and they quoted approx US$220 for a return flight from Saigon to Phu Quoc whereas TNK in HCMC (http://www.tnktravelvietnam.com) quoted US$90............. :-O

What the hells going on there then???!!!!

#3 Posted: 17/3/2007 - 06:24

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Domestic Vietnam Airline tickets are MUCH cheaper if purchased IN Vietnam - no idea why!

#4 Posted: 18/3/2007 - 12:10

• lucyhudson

Joined Travelfish
    25th November, 2006

I booked my return flight from HCMC to Phu Quoc island at HCMC airport when we landed there from Hong Kong...it only cost $65 return....

#5 Posted: 22/3/2007 - 00:16

• subzer06o4

Joined Travelfish
    16th March, 2007

I am interestd in booking my domestic flight(s) from HCMC to Phu Quoc & from Phu Quoc back to HCMC but the Vietname Airlines website http://www.vietnamairlines.com/) currently does not allow the function to work until April? I've emailed them already but does anybody know which exact date I can do this?

#6 Posted: 26/3/2007 - 22:02

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I'm having no problems using this site on Firefox. Perhaps you need to download the latest version?

#7 Posted: 17/4/2007 - 06:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Lao Airlines website ... By hbkiwi on 9 Nov 2009 3 1358 9 Nov 2009
Lao Airlines - frequencies on website? ... By syzafar on 19 May 2007 1 1607 20 May 2007