Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Perfect Trip to Hoi An

• Tukee

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

Just made the cut and bought my sleeper bus ticket to Hoi An upon my arrival in HCMC on the eve of Tet.

Train ticket definitely out of the question. But the price I paid was US$50 - steep. The bus is OK, it's more like a bunk-on-wheels, a mini dorm or prison cell with three columns of two-level bunk beds, and no seats, no toilet either, and no complimentary box of treats. And without the sleeping mattresses and aircon we would be like slaves in a galley to be delivered to our destination in a horizontal position.

This is the first time I've seen such a bus.

Total time is 22 hours with 10 hours trip to Nha Trang and with layover of one hour.

The trip though was perfect and smooth except for a tiny bit of frequent honking by the driver. I guess this is the driving culture of Vietnam.

The best thing about this arrangement is that I took the bus a block from my hotel in Saigon and I was drop off from my bus in Hoi An a few steps from my next hotel. No worries of transferring. And the hotel is still quite a steal - room for US$7.

#1 Posted: 25/1/2012 - 00:39

• Advertisement

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

Nice to here the odd success story when it comes to road travel in 'Nam. Well done.

#2 Posted: 25/1/2012 - 10:03

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.