Vietnam forum

Saigon Skin Doc

• CrankyCarrot

Click here to learn more about CrankyCarrot
    Joined Travelfish
    24th March, 2010
    Location Thailand

Posted from within Vietnam.

Ok, this one's a little unusual for me, but can anyone recommend a dermatologist in HCMC? I'm travelling long term and have a couple of new moles I should probably get checked out sooner rather than later.

Also, can anyone give me an idea of the cost involved in seeing an English speaking doctor here about such things?

I'm planning on going onto Cambodia overland after I'm done here, so won't be going through Bangkok (which would otherwise be the logical place to get medical stuff seen to).

#1 Posted: 26/1/2012 - 09:10

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

OSCAT/AEA International Clinic
    65 Nguyen Du, District 1, HCMC

Columbia-Gia Dinh International Clinic
    01 No Trang Long, Binh Thanh District, HCMC

International SOS Clinic
    167A Nam Ky Khoi Nghia St, D3, HCMC

that's all I know, what I found on the search engines - I understand the International Clinics (where they speak English) are not especially cheap, good luck

#2 Posted: 26/1/2012 - 14:35

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

You might call your local consulate and ask them if they can make a referral - what nationality are you?

#3 Posted: 26/1/2012 - 14:37

• CrankyCarrot

Click here to learn more about CrankyCarrot
    Joined Travelfish
    24th March, 2010
    Location Thailand

I'm an Aussie. I never would have thought to get a referral from my embassy here...

Maybe I could take a bi-lingual Viet local with me to a regular doctor and have them translate?

I don't want to blow hundreds of dollars on a simple doc's appointment.

#4 Posted: 27/1/2012 - 06:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.