Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

saigon to Phnom Phen

Posted by mackankara on 9/3/2007 at 21:31

Is there a boat service (regular) between Saigon & Phnom Phen?Thanks

#1 mackankara has been a member since 9/3/2007. Posts: 2

Posted by CatBa on 10/3/2007 at 04:36

Yes there is - but get your visa either from Cambo consulate in HCMC / SaiGon or on-line < http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/index.php > to AVOID border visa scams.

And don't let ANYONE help you with your baggage ($$$).

If you are wanting to re-enter VN, you will have to have your present VN visa endorsed for multiple entry and extended.

#2 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Posted by mackankara on 10/3/2007 at 15:24

Thanks catba.Does it go daily,how long does it take and how much does it cost.Hope you can spare a mo to reply.
Regards

#3 mackankara has been a member since 9/3/2007. Posts: 2

Posted by marianwarren on 10/3/2007 at 16:06

Hi mackankara

Most of the boat service/tours between Saigon and PP seem to be of the 3 day variety. We used Delta Tours in De Tham. They depart daily and cost anywhere between $26 - $45 depending on how much time you actually spend on the bus/boat - time on the water costs more than time on the road. Cambodian visa ($22) is organised by the tour guide about 90 minutes before reaching the border (he hops on a scooter and races ahead) so when you arrive at the border all the paperwork is done and all that needs to be done is to transfer from Viet boat to Cambodian one. So I didn't experience the scam that CatBa mentioned - I held on to my luggage: but I do that everywhere. We left Saigon on Christmas Day and thought the 3 days on the river was absolutely great - although happy to hit dry land at the end.

Travel well

Marian

#4 marianwarren has been a member since 12/3/2006. Posts: 270

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.