Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

City of Ghosts near Hue

• AWUQ

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2012

Hi

I have read an article recently on the “City of Ghosts” near Hue. Has anyone information in respect to, a) how far is it from Hue, b) the best form of transport from Hue, c) is it worth the journey and d) the average cost.

Thank you

#1 Posted: 29/1/2012 - 19:15

• Advertisement

• huegm

Joined Travelfish
    19th February, 2011
    Location Vietnam

Posted from within Vietnam.

a) It's about 20 km east of the ancient city of Hue .
    b) You can choose two modes of transportation:
    + Catch a taxi: from USD 25 to 30 for around trip
    + Rent a motobike: USD 5 for renting a day & USD 2 for gasoline (if you rent a scooter, it will be more expensive a little bit)
    c) With me, it isn't a worth journey.
    I think the time you spend in the city of ghosts, you could visit some more beautiful places (Hue Citadel, Emperor Khai Dinh's tomb, Emperor Tu Duc's tomb...) and taste very delicious foods (they are really good and cheap).
    Many people live in Hue haven't ever go to city of the ghosts.
    Have a good trip.

#2 Posted: 30/1/2012 - 09:09

• essentialtr-
    avel

Joined Travelfish
    28th January, 2012

It is 20km far from Hue city. Catch a taxi or private car or motorbike. This is the place which Vietnamese oversea to build their grandparents or parents tomb as a King. To find out culture and architecture of Hue it is better to visit Nguyen Kings Mausoleums. To learn more of Hue people, life and surrounding it is value to learn of another corner in Hue city.

#3 Posted: 31/1/2012 - 02:08

• huemotorrid-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    4th February, 2012

it is so nice place, i think you should you go there. you can get private car , or Motorbike . Car cost 20 usd. Motor rental 5usd. 25 usd with motorbike driver.

#4 Posted: 4/2/2012 - 10:07

• shopunderwa-
    ter

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2012
    Location Australia

It's also known as the 'city of tombs' and its more than 20kms from central Hue . It's 15km from Hue east to Thuan An beach, then another 20km or so south along the coast. The right area can be difficult to find if you go on your own, but it is well worth a visit. Anyone I know who didn't think it was worth the trip had actually not found the right place and assumed other, smaller areas with tombs was what they were looking for.

#5 Posted: 9/2/2012 - 10:39

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.