Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Trip Planning-12 Nights

• CMac1968

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2012

Hi All,

Any help you can give on our upcoming trip to Vietnam (first time) starting in late March to early April. We fly into HCMC and out of Hanoi 13 days later. We are thinking of spending 3 nights in HCMC and taking the sleeper train to Nha Trang . Eventually we want to get to Hanoi and Halong Bay. How many nights do you recommend in Nha Trang and Hanoi? We have toyed with the idea of going to Hoi An for a couple of days, then on to Hanoi, but are not sure if that will be too much to squeeze in. Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks

#1 Posted: 30/1/2012 - 16:30

• Advertisement

• GilbertMcDo-
    nald

Joined Travelfish
    22nd November, 2010
    Location Canada
    Places visited:
    At least 43

With only 13 days I would play around in HCMC then I would fly to Hue and see Hoi An, then fly to Hanoi go to Halong Bay then leave.

#2 Posted: 30/1/2012 - 20:13

• GilbertMcDo-
    nald

Joined Travelfish
    22nd November, 2010
    Location Canada
    Places visited:
    At least 43

With only 13 days I would play around in HCMC then I would fly to Hue and see Hoi An, then fly to Hanoi go to Halong Bay then leave.

#3 Posted: 30/1/2012 - 20:14

• essentialtr-
    avel

Joined Travelfish
    28th January, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

With 13 days you cannot visit Ho Chi Minh, Nha Trang , Hoi An and Ha Noi, You can only stop to in Hoi An and Hue , then take flight to Ha Noi for departure. To visit all places you wish you should travel by plane. This is my suggestion:
    D1: Ho Chi Minh arrive
    D2: Ho Chi Minh city & Cu CHi tunnels
    D3: Ho Chi Minh - mekong delta
    D4: Mekong - HCM - flight to Nha Trang
    D5: Nha Trang boat trip
    D6: Nha Trang - flight to Da Nang
    D7: Hoi An - My Son
    D8: Hoi An - Hue
    D9: Hue city - flight to Ha Noi
    D10: Ha Noi city tour
    D11: Ha Noi - Ha Long
    D12: Ha Long - Ha Noi
    D13: Ha Noi depart
    Very glad to share experience

#4 Posted: 31/1/2012 - 01:11

• kotaru1004

Joined Travelfish
    31st January, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

your opinion essentialtr-
    avel pretty good.
    But I think 13 days to traverse the Ho Chi Minh City, Hoi An, Hue, Nha Trang, Ha Long, then it makes you very tired. You should choose two better place, will enjoy the scenic, enjoy the food in Hoi An, excellent and enjoyable holiday

#5 Posted: 31/1/2012 - 04:11

• janbjo

Joined Travelfish
    27th October, 2011

13 days runs away very fast if you have a lot of travelling planned.
    I think I had left Nha Trang or Hue out. Visit Hue if you like cultural things like the Citadel or visit Nha Trang if you like the beach and the life around this.
    HCMC and Hoi An are my favorites
    I recommend to at least fly part of the trip, even though the trains are OK.

#6 Posted: 1/2/2012 - 06:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.