Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

12 days Nth Vietnam Pls help with plans

• Benno

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012

Hello everyone out there,
    long time reader, 1st time poster.... :)

We are looking at travelling to Vietnam in June for ~12 days and exploring the top 1/2 above Hoi An. (Bottom half in November maybe). There is obviously a lot to do and see in this country and I hope to draw on the wealth of knowedge out there to assist.

We will fly into Hanoi and spend about 3-4 days there and then head up to Sapa for 2 (Is this enough). After returning to Hanoi for 1 day, head down to the Hoi An/Danang area by train for about 4-5 days (too much or not enough?) Then back to Hanoi for 1 day by train before flying out back to OZ.

I'm interested in the motorbike tours in central VN as well as some quality beach and snorkel time.

I guess the Ha Long Bay trip is mandatory?? 2D/1N sufficient? Any recommendations while you are here?

Questions:
    Are the days allocated above enough?
    What opinions are out there on things to do in Hanoi, Hoi An, Sapa etc?
    Those that have been, what times and activities would you allocate to the above plan?
    Any other info is greatly recieved...

Thank You in advance.

B

#1 Posted: 7/2/2012 - 18:46

• Advertisement

• ngoandinh88

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

Dear,
    I would like to suggest you plans as follows:
    1st day: Arrive Hanoi . Rlaxing.
    2nd day: visit Hanoi city.
    3rd and 4th day: Halong Bay
    5th and 6th day: Sapa trip.
    7th day: flight to Danang.
    8th, 9th, 10th day: Da Nang and Hoi An
    11th day: back to Hanoi, relaxing and shopping.,
    12th day: flight back to your country,

If you need any further assistance, please contact me: wonderbother@gmail.com

Rds.

#2 Posted: 8/2/2012 - 22:30

• Apullings

Joined Travelfish
    9th February, 2012

Also new to this site. Can't figure out how to post a question. Please help

#3 Posted: 9/2/2012 - 03:45

• shopunderwa-
    ter

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2012
    Location Australia

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi Benno,
    Plan looks good, but I would fly Hanoi to Hue , spend 2nts there and then take a motorbike tour or train (train to Danang, car to Hoi An ) down to Hoi An for 3 nights.
    The train from Hanoi to Hue is pleasant, and if you do the overnight its a good way to save on a hotel, but will obviously take longer than flying. If you do go by train then Livitrans is the best option.
    There is no need to stay in Danang, you can easily visit it form Hoi An if you want to. There are some great motorbike tours available between Hue and Hoi An that can take you through the Central Highlands.

#4 Posted: 9/2/2012 - 14:24

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

Agree that it would be nice to put Hue into your itinerary. However, 12 days I really think you'll want to fly. Remember that in June it is pretty rainy up North, Hue always seems to be rainy (though I don't know about June), and Da Nang/Hoi'an should be nice weather.

#5 Posted: 9/2/2012 - 23:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.