Vietnam forum

Boat trip from Cambodia to Vietnam

• liltraveler

Click here to learn more about liltraveler
    Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2011
    Location United States

Hi,
    I want to take a boat from Phnom Pen to Saigon or somewhere close to it. I can't afford one of the expensive cruises and would like to spend a max of 3 days on the river. Does anyone know if this is possible and what company will do it???? Thanks!!

#1 Posted: 7/3/2012 - 22:48

• Advertisement

• ccunning

Joined Travelfish
    27th July, 2014

Did you find any boats for your trip? I am also looking for a boat to go from Cambodia to Vietnam can you help?

#2 Posted: 27/7/2014 - 22:00

• larsay

Joined Travelfish
    20th July, 2014

Posted from within Vietnam.

You have 2 choices :

1. The speed boat Phnom Penh-CHAU DOC, one night CD, then you go on your own by public buses with stops en route, for ex in Cai Be (An Binh Island at the very charming NGOC PHUONG Homestay) and Can Tho; The boat leaves around 13:00 and arrives in Chau Doc around 17:00

2. The companies which operate the speed boats also have all-inclusive tours.

For both, the boat operator sends a tuk tuk at your hotel one hour before departure

Personally, I prefer the 1st solution, more freedom !

You can go to PP harbour, where they have their office.

ATTENTION : you need a visa in advance for Vietnam because you enter the country by land, so the visa on arrival at an international airport does not apply.

#3 Posted: 2/8/2014 - 03:32

• ameliejones

Joined Travelfish
    4th August, 2014

There are daily boat services from Phnom Penh to Chau Doc and tickets are easily purchased from the several operators at the City Port Terminal Building on Sisowath Quay.
    But you do need to have your Vietnam Visa organised in advance.
    This is easily obtained in Phnom Penh.

#4 Posted: 4/8/2014 - 08:32

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.