Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

hello,
    just a word about the prices of the open bus ticket:
    a ticket with 5 stops should cost something around
    20$-23$ if you buying it in Hanoi and around 15$-18$
    if you buying it in Saigon.
    a ticket that include all the stops points will cost something around 25$ in Hanoi, and less in Saigon.

I'm just telling you this because i met same people
    that paid 35$ because the travel agency told them that
    they will get special bus, but eventually, all of them got
    to the same bus like the ones that paid just 20$..

i can recommend you on an open bus company called
    "an-phu" - it has good buses and i paid 20$ for a ticket
    with 5 stops.

good trip to you all

#1 Posted: 20/3/2007 - 17:05

• Advertisement

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

AnPhu, based in Hoi An, is NOTORIOUS for ripping pax. He 'co-operates' with T.M. Brothers - also well known for sharp practices - and Camel who are just as bad.

There are so many honest bus operators, Sinh, Ha Noi Toserco, Trekking, etc. that you can get honest prices from companies that employ competant drivers.

Camel, for example, ran a bus from Ha Noi to Hue recently and the driver fell asleep twice - as in the bus drifting towards the far (opposite direction) side and was awoken by my whistle on one occasions and the assistant driver on the other. The bus departed 90 minutes late from Ha Noi; he stopped for fuel just outside Ha Noi (15 minutes) and less than an hour later he took a 53 minute 'meal break' so he could watch a TV soap opera whilst he drank beer.

AnPhu, T.M. Brothers and Camel have nice paint jobs but their buses are second hand.

Pricing is similar on all lines IF YOU BOOK DIRECT.

/

#2 Posted: 27/3/2007 - 23:36

• tropixblue

Joined Travelfish
    3rd April, 2011

My bus journey from Hue to Nha Trang was handled by AN PHU Travel. Cost USD18. An Phu passes the buck (after their cut) to transport operators so this may happen: Two taxis from hotel to boarding point seated only 8 and there were 9, so I was taken on a motorbike without a helmet. The "sleeper" bus to Hoi An (where passengers to Nha Trang change buses) was 8 berths short. Confusion followed, the agent pleading our "help" to sit on the floor for the 3 hours to Hoi An. Finally, some Vietnamese gave up their berths for the foreigners. I had the "jump seat" near the door. Twice, the overcrowded bus passed traffic police & the "floor passengers" had to lie low. The bus driver sped on a down hill winding stretch to make up for the delay and once almost lost control. At Hoi An passengers for Nha Trang were offloaded to board a QUANG HANH sleeper bus. There were several Vietnamese sleeping on the floor, blocking the aisle on the overnight journey (17 hours in all). It's usually better to book directly with a bus operator with own their buses like Sinh Tourist.

#3 Posted: 1/1/2013 - 22:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
railway ticket prices ... By Londonboy73 on 15 May 2011 3 2518 25 May 2011
Open Ticket Suggestion ... By creativeguy on 20 Jan 2008 2 2371 27 Jan 2008
Open Tour Bus ticket Hoi An to Nha Trang ... By AGRO on 27 Aug 2011 1 3552 28 Aug 2011
Open Ended Ticket from Canada or Buffalo, NY ... By shawnmccrea on 9 Nov 2010 4 2340 10 Nov 2010
Bangkok bus station ticket counters open on Thai New Year? ... By wessatong on 28 Jan 2009 0 2203 28 Jan 2009
Are railway station ticket counters open at night or early mornings? ... By abellim on 2 Sep 2011 0 1669 2 Sep 2011