Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Sapa Trip - East to organise or better to book a package

• downundergal

Joined Travelfish
    28th February, 2005
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 4

I am also looking at travelling to Sapa for 4 nights (2 nights on the train, 2 nights there) - is it easy enough to book independently ie train, hotel and organise a guide when there or is it better to book a package that includes all of the above? Thanks in advance.

#1 Posted: 17/3/2012 - 23:40

• Advertisement

• Benno

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012

Hi mate,
    I too was in this predicament and just got the hotel I was staying in in Sapa to organize everything for me. I got accommodation, tickets (there and back) as well as transfers. They arranged to meet me at a hotel in Hanoi and take us to the train station to ensure we got on the right one.

We probably paid a bit extra.........I know we paid extra but at least I know it's all done. In reality if I paid US$10 more it certainly beats the stress and cost should I have gotten the wrong one and not made it to SAPA.

I have organized about 8 holidays on my own from my computer at home, but Vietnam has been the most challenging one so far. It probably is easy, but why worry about the hassle.

B

#2 Posted: 19/3/2012 - 00:00

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I just buy Livitrans tickets and go - Sapa is just too easy. The only other thing I book is a hotel, and have them meet my train. It does help a bit if you know a good local travel agent.

As Benno says, always have the travel agent take you directly to your train compartment - the Hanoi Ga (station) is a snake pit of "helpers" who insist on helping you when the last thing you want is their help (because it ain't exactly a freebee).

#3 Posted: 19/3/2012 - 09:25

• ecotravelvi-
    etna

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

You can arrange your own way before or prebook. However as for me prebook with a company is better than and the package maybe better than you manage by yourself. The quality will companion with the package.

#4 Posted: 21/3/2012 - 11:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Sapa train or tour package ... By sarahjimurray on 16 Dec 2008 1 3021 17 Dec 2008