Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Halong Bay recommendations contact info

• aalarcon

Joined Travelfish
    8th March, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hello! Just got to Hanoi and thought finding the right boat tour to Halong Bay would be easier than it is... Silly me. I saw you recommended Saigon Cafe Tours for flash packers, but I cannot find the contact info anywhere online. Do they still exist? If so, do you have their contact info?

Thanks in advance for your help

#1 Posted: 1/4/2012 - 00:33

• Advertisement

• susannna

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2012

Why don't you ask the hotel. They should be waiting for your booking lolz. It is too easy!
    I also know a website which offers tours of Halong Bay: http://www.darianculbert.com
    Heard many good reviews of this agent so you should check!

#2 Posted: 6/4/2012 - 08:40

• susannna

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2012

I suspect the above post, especially it comes from Vietnam so please be careful!

#3 Posted: 8/4/2012 - 04:47

• pauletta1979

Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

You can find one on TripAdvisor with good review, there are some company do the trip with easily booking online.

#4 Posted: 10/4/2012 - 21:48

• susannna

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2012

We contacted some operators listed on Tripadvisor but they failed to offer us good prices and explain the details of the trip until we found Darian Culbert from a post on Lonelyplanet. Very professional, quick emails and offer us very competitive price! The best operator we've ever found!

#5 Posted: 10/4/2012 - 23:17

• aalarcon

Joined Travelfish
    8th March, 2012

Thanks for the tips. I ended up using Fantasea cruises for lack of being able to find Saigon Cafe. It was ok, the food was good and we did almost all that was promised (i thought we would be rock climbing, another guy thought we would be fishing, effectively we did neither of those things) . I paid $65 while some other girls paid $89 for the exact same thing and they booked it in advance and online. So this is the kind of thing I was referring to...

Cheers and thanks again!

#6 Posted: 10/4/2012 - 23:52

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

#7 Posted: 8/5/2012 - 13:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Updated info and Contact Info for Virachey NP ... By gregmccann1 on 4 Aug 2012 0 2473 4 Aug 2012
Ao poh bungalows koh phi phi - contact info ... By roccstar on 13 Nov 2010 0 1667 13 Nov 2010
Lek House (Chiang Rai) contact info? ... By emmryss on 29 Dec 2010 2 2358 4 Feb 2011
Koh Wai Paradise Contact Info - Update for Somtam ... By Tilapia on 3 Feb 2007 0 1707 3 Feb 2007