Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Vientiane to Vinh Bus Advice

• book_reader1

Joined Travelfish
    5th April, 2012

I will be traveling from the Vientiane bus station (GPS 18.0293,102.6501) (this is the Southern Bus Terminal (Dong Dok)) to the Vinh , Vietnam bus station (listed on Google maps as "Bến xe Vinh") (GPS 18.6793,105.6737).

I am going to Hanoi , but I don't want to take a bus all the way. I am, therefore, going to take a bus to Vinh, so I can then walk to the Vinh train station (GPS 18.6882,105.6644) and just take a train to Hanoi from there. Basically, I am going to use a train for as much of my route as I can and use the bus where I have no choice.

My question is this, I am guessing that there is not a specific Vientiane to Vinh bus, so I am guessing I must take a Vientiane to Hanoi bus and simply get off the bus when it stops at Vinh? Also, I am not even sure if the bus will stop at the Vinh bus station I mentioned earlier. Want to take the cheapest bus to Vinh and not concerned about comfort, just want the best bargain.

Sorry if my question seems a little vague, but just doing some research so I make sure I get the best bargain and make sure I get on a bus that will get me to the Vinh train station. What I don't want to do is get dropped off at a bus station that is not the Vinh station I mentioned above as that would require me to tuk-tuk, taxi, etc to the correct station and totally kill my bargain.

I did some research online and even though I know the the Vientiane to Hanoi bus goes near the Vinh area, I don't have a turn by turn bus route map to verify if it is going where I need it to go. Thanks for any help.

#1 Posted: 5/4/2012 - 01:16

• Advertisement

• book_reader1

Joined Travelfish
    5th April, 2012

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j459/fun_sun1/Vte_Vinh.jpg

Here is a picture with my anticipated route. I feel the portion of the route from Vientiane and through the Keo Nua Pass is correct. However, when it gets closer to Vinh, this is where I am not sure of the route. Does anyone know what bus station it goes to in Vinh?

#2 Posted: 7/4/2012 - 00:10

• book_reader1

Joined Travelfish
    5th April, 2012

The bus fare I have been told is 160,000 kip ($20 or 620 baht). Can someone confirm this so I know I am not getting overcharged by Laos people?

I just want to make sure it isn't 80,000 kip for Laos citizen and 160,000 kip for farang.

#3 Posted: 7/4/2012 - 00:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Vientiane > Vinh > Ho Chi Minh (transportation mode advice) ... By mukapecah8 on 25 Aug 2010 3 4941 25 Aug 2010
vinh to vientiane ... By elsuave on 8 Mar 2014 1 461 19 Mar 2014
From Vientiane to Lak Xao to Vinh to Hanoi ... By dispoiler on 11 Jan 2010 0 2778 11 Jan 2010
Vinh Moc tunnel tour price advice please ... By JaTo on 2 Jan 2008 1 2495 2 Jan 2008