Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

NEVER AGAIN / Phuong Dong Hotel

• owsiphilipp-
    ines

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2012

NEVER AGAIN / Phuong Dong Hotel

I stayed in Phuong Dong Hotel near Noi Bai Airport to stay close to the airport and save on travel time and was hoping to be bright eyed and bushy tailed for my early morning flight the following day. Was I wrong, did not have the good night rest that I expected. The bed sheets looked like it had not been changed, the bed and pillows are hard and the cost of the taxi service to the airport at 4:30 AM was exhorbitant, probably not considering that taxi in that particular place during that particular time could be as rare as a hen's teeth. Also, there is very little choice, or practically no choice for a place to have a decent meal.

There are other hotels near Noi Bai, my first choice was fully booked ended up settling for Phoung Dong. Was it fully booked because it is a better hotel?

#1 Posted: 7/4/2012 - 19:27

• Advertisement

• susannna

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2012

That's why we went to the center of Hanoi even though we had to wake up early next morning. It's worth spending night in the center!

#2 Posted: 7/4/2012 - 23:59

• SheaBirds

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2012
    Location Vietnam

Posted from within Vietnam.

Agree with Susannna , you can rest and sleep on the taxi, while come in the center, take little time left to discover more about Hanoi, there are many interesting night activities at the heart of the capital, you can sleep on the flight later. By the way, I would like to speak to the issues remain bad of some hotels and taxis in Vietnam. If you do not have a trusted address ,you should check the entire room as well as furniture before making a decision. As for the taxi should also select the car was new and clean appearance. The keep careful car driver will good preserve you. A better way is that you should looking for trusted address for both the hotel and taxi before departure.

#3 Posted: 9/4/2012 - 03:28

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

The situation at and near Noi Bai is pretty sad, I agree. Hopefully things will improve when the new International Terminal is completed in a few years time.

#4 Posted: 9/4/2012 - 22:03

• davgon

Joined Travelfish
    5th February, 2012

Avi Airport Hotel - A great place to stay near Noi bai Airport: When you have to stay at noi bai hotel, you should stay avi hotel. It will make your trip comportable. It took aroun 5min from the airport. Hotel was clean and comportable. All staff were very kind. also, Avi Hotel also has airport shuttle car for $5 US each way, great to avoid the ripoff artist taxi drivers at Hanoi Airport, it was very convenient.

#5 Posted: 13/4/2012 - 05:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Phuong Duong Hotel Hoi An contact email ... By NewbieC on 29 Jan 2010 0 2244 29 Jan 2010