Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Travel warning for end of April in Vietnam

Posted by travellingsarah on 15/4/2012 at 01:37 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

Angela recently wrote in the Saigon blog about the upcoming Reunification Day and May Day holidays (30th April and 1st May). As I sit here trying to book a last minute trip away from Hanoi for the weekend, with little luck, I thought it worth re-enforcing the points she made about travel disruption: as it stands, flights out of Hanoi to most domestic destinations (OK, I haven't checked them all) are fully booked at least for a few of the days over the weekend, and there are no trains to Lao Cai (except soft seats which are bearable but not ideal). I imagine the trains to the south are booked as well. Of course, you might find a handy travel agent who's got a few tickets up his sleeve, but my advice is to try not to have to move around too much that weekend.

#1 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 679
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Posted by navilink on 15/4/2012 at 07:07

How about the weekend after that? 5 May (Sat) and 6 May (Sun), should be ok right?

#2 navilink has been a member since 14/3/2012. Posts: 11

Posted by travellingsarah on 15/4/2012 at 08:47 TF writer

Posted from within Vietnam.

Yeah, that weekend looks OK. It's just a long weekend, so doesn't go on and on like Tet does.

#3 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 679
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.