Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Beware of Lily (179 De Tham St.) HCM

• localnations

Joined Travelfish
    20th April, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

Lily is a bar near Go2 on the corner of De Tham and Bui Vien and I want to do as much as possible to warn people about it.
    Of course I want to do anything to hurt their business after what happened to me there a couple nights ago. There will probably be no other way to get back at them, but I want to do something to damage their business. Everyone should know what could happen to you.
    On Wednesday night, I went out by myself. I met a nice Russian girl, a Japanese guy and a few americans at some classic fun spots, but after the the other places closed, I sat down at Lily's by myself for one last beer; drunk but not wrecked.
    I'm teaching here in Ho Chi Minh city and I'd been there before but never thought much about it. It's another small bar with $1 beer and $2 buckets open late.
    Fights happen.
    Earlier, I almost saw a fight, when an old western guy walked out of a hotel with a local. Who knows what happened? Maybe the guy did something wrong; but I didn't, at first.
    I was sitting at Lily, minding my own business, when a lady walked up to me and punched me in the face three times.
    I'd seen her before, but I never said anything to her.
    She's at Lily every night and she's a wretched horrible part of De Tham St.
    She punched me three times unprovoked, so I stood up surprised. Of course I was pissed, but I didn't hit her back at first.
    I'm not tough. I'm not a fighter. And actually I'm a bit of a wuss.
    I haven't been in a fight since elementary school, so I walked away, but I didn't make it far before I realized my wallet was stollen. Then I was pissed off. I ran back enraged. (No, it was not smart) That horrible **%#ing wretch punched me in the face so that I would stand up and someone could steal my wallet.
    Maybe you're thinking, "that's what you get for going there drunk by yourself." Ok fine, F#$% off. I wasn't very drunk and there are plenty of bars that are safe to go to by yourself. But Lily is horrible, and I want as many people as possible to know. I want to have some way to get back at them, even if it is just a few people who recongnize the place when they see it and decide not to go there. It would be even better if this post got a lot of views and comments.
    When I got back to the bar, I did hit her. And was surrounded and beaten with metal bars until I was pretty bloody. I can admit I brought it on myself by hitting her, and I hit back at the staff who started punching me. Actually, being a bit of a wuss, I am kind of proud that I did something, after being robbed, and I didn't go down after taking some pretty hard shots.
    After a few smashes to the head, I sobbered up and started dodging the bars and bottles coming at me. Hurray. Maybe I'm not that wussy. Still, it only happened because the staff at Lily decided that I was a good target and would be easy to rob. Maybe I'll do some sneak photography to put pictures online. Hopefully I can get a decent picture of that horrible woman. I know she will be at Lily, 179 De Tham St, every night.
    Please know that the staff there are the type of people who will rob and beat you if they think they can get away with it. And they can.
    I went to the police and filed a report, but if you are by yourself in this country then the police will not or cannot help you. They know very well who she is, but they cannot do anything about it.
    It was such a sudden surprise attack that I doubt anyone saw how it started. Maybe a few people decided to do it together, or maybe it was just that woman and one other person. Either way I want to get back at the people who did it, and writing this is the only way that I can, for now.

#1 Posted: 20/4/2012 - 13:03

• Advertisement

• cronolegs

Joined Travelfish
    12th April, 2014

Posted from within Vietnam.

THE MOST TERRIBLE AND VIOLENT BAR EVER!!!!!!
    THE BAR IS LOCATED AT 179 DE THAM ST.
    WE WENT THERE HAVE 1 BEER AND 3 COCTAIL. AT THE END THE BILL ENDED UP WITH 2 BEERS AND 3 COCTAIL. WE DIDN'T WANT TO HAVE TROUBLE SO WE JUST PAID AND GOT TAXI. BEFORE GETTING TO THE TAXI, I WARNED 3 GUYS NOT COMING TO THAT BAR AND THEN THEY CAME AND HIT US WITH TABLES, CHAIRS, ELECTRONIC GUNS...AND AT THE END WE GOT BACK TO THE TAXI, BLEEDING BADLY

#2 Posted: 27/11/2014 - 12:39

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.