Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

One night in Ho Chi Minh

• bryce_beami-
    sh

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2012

I have about 24 hours to kill in Ho Chi Minh. Staying at a hotel near the airport. What should I do?
    Is there a particular area of town that would be worth a days wander?
    Cheers,
    Bryce

#1 Posted: 2/5/2012 - 11:21

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

First of all, I think you would be better off staying away from the airport - Tan San Nhat Airport is not all that far from Central HCMC. Stay in the Pham Ngu Lao area - I like the Bich Duyen Hotel. From the hotel you can walk to the rest of District 1 (Ben Thanh Market, the Saigon River area, and everywhere else). If you have a few weeks B4 your trip, I would contact Saigonhotpot for their free student tours.

(I would include email addresses, but Big Brother frowns on such behavior)

#2 Posted: 3/5/2012 - 12:09

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

I agree with all that daawgon says. If you're already committed to the hotel at the airport then fine, but get yourself into D1 anyway. And have a look at the information and Saigon blog on this site for ideas of exactly what you can do.

#3 Posted: 3/5/2012 - 21:43

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.