Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

South Central Vietnam itinerary, please help.

Posted by HanoiMargarita on 6/5/2012 at 00:46

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi guys,
I am currently in Hoi An , which I don't mind as I like it here, but not sure where to go from Hoi An. I am not much into big cities, hated Bangkok and Hanoi, and love countryside, mountains, villages, beaches, trekking, walking, etc. Really enjoyed my ride from Hue to Danang and back.
If anyone could suggest itinerary from Hoi An to Southern Vietnam (and then to Cambodia). I know I will be going to Mecong Delta at some point, but before that I should decide on one-two spots on my way from Hoi An. I am not limited in time and don't mind spending one- two extra days on exploring interesting places.
Thanks a lot!

#1 HanoiMargarita has been a member since 2/5/2012. Posts: 10

Posted by busylizzy on 6/5/2012 at 19:17

I'd suggest heading into the Central Highlands then..maybe with Dalat as your starting point. It's a small town, easy to explore and I found people there very friendly compared to other areas of northern Vietnam (less aggressive, etc.) There is some nice countryside to explore by foot or bike. I did a motorbike trip from Dalat down through to Chau Doc and the Highlands generally were the highlight of my whole Vietnam trip.

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by daawgon on 7/5/2012 at 21:51

I also recommend the Central Highlands - Dalat and Buon Ma Thuot are really nice. You can fly down on Vietnam Airlines from Danang to Dalat.

If you want to see more of the coast, here's an interesting place - La Gi. I don't personally recommend Nha Trang - I call it "big city at the beach".

#3 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,093

Posted by HanoiMargarita on 8/5/2012 at 07:38

Posted from within Vietnam.

Thank you guys,
I am heading to Nha Trang for one night, with intetion to go to Dalat from there. Air tickets are too expencive and sold out for the day I need. After readig all terrible stories about buses, decided to go by train.

#4 HanoiMargarita has been a member since 2/5/2012. Posts: 10

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.