Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Where to Stop Along the Coast?

• rrockwell

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2012

I will be taking the train from Hanoi to Saigon later this month. I was hoping to stop before Saigon, buy a motorbike, relax for a week, then bike to Saigon. Where might I be interested in staying during this time? I was thinking Nha Trang or Phan Thiet as that is where I'm told the train stops. I'm looking to do this economically.

#1 Posted: 15/5/2012 - 02:13

• Advertisement

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11
    Places visited:
    At least 87

Most of the tourist hotspots are along the coast / train line so I suggest you have a look at the information on this site and see what takes your fancy. It really depends what you're looking for.

#2 Posted: 15/5/2012 - 04:52

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

Da Nang is an ample enough town to purchase a bike in - but the ride down to HCMC will be a lot longer than if you were originally thinking Nha Trang. Stopping at Da Nang will give you the opportunity to bike down to Hoi'an and around Marble Mountains and such. Then you could take the coast road down or head through the Central Highlands.

#3 Posted: 15/5/2012 - 07:08

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

If you do buy and ride that bike, PLEASE STAY OFF OF HIGHWAY #1 - this is also known as DEATH HIGHWAY!!! Take the Central Highlands route and live.

#4 Posted: 16/5/2012 - 12:58

• rrockwell

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2012

Will it be difficult to find a Honda Win 100/110cc in Nha Trang for a competitive price (around $250 USD)?

#5 Posted: 17/5/2012 - 18:35

• ZenTraveler

Joined Travelfish
    6th May, 2012

If you are looking for a good bike ride, as well as a relaxing place to stay, I'd recommend getting off in Nha Trang and staying there for some time. They have some great restaurants, scuba, beach, and the scenery on the outskirts becomes really majestic. If you rent a motorbike in Nha Trang and drive to Dalat for a couple nights, you won't be let down by the ride.

#6 Posted: 17/5/2012 - 20:21

• alenathai181

Joined Travelfish
    7th July, 2012
    Location Vietnam

Both have specific beauties, you should stop both. Just 2 days each place you will have a relax on beach with islands viting in nhatrang or sand dunes in phan thiet

#7 Posted: 7/7/2012 - 04:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.