Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Pre-arranged visa

• willeysr

Joined Travelfish
    21st May, 2012

Are pre-arranged visa still the thing to do when flying into Hanoi ? A friend and I are flying in on June 30th and were looking into how to get our visa for Veitnam. We are Americans. Thank you for your time :). Also if you have any advise what to do in Hanoi let me know we will be there for 4 days.

#1 Posted: 21/5/2012 - 21:02

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

You can pre-arrange your visa head of time by sending your passport off to the Vietnamese embassy, or go online and apply for a pre-approval letter. They email you the letter 2 days later, your print it off and hand it over when you arrive at the airport to get your visa.

I used http://www.myvietnamvisa.com/ without problem (and know others who have used them as well) - but there are others around.

#2 Posted: 21/5/2012 - 21:37

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

What to do in Hanoi? - Just enjoy hanging out in the Old Quarter, and be sure to book one of the free tours with Hanoikids. Send them an email today because you need some lead time to get a reservation.

I'm not allowed to give you a contact here - just goo-gle for that info (use the G-mail address).

#3 Posted: 30/5/2012 - 10:07

• LaraHelen

Joined Travelfish
    13th July, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

In stead of going to Vietnam Embassy to make visa, you can apply online in Pnompenh. You only need search internet, find one website working on Vietnam visa on arrival, fill information in application form, then pay the fee. After 1 working day, you can get approval letter to get on plane. Please not that Vietnam Immigration Department do not work on Saturday and Sunday.

#4 Posted: 19/7/2012 - 02:30

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Pre-arranged Visa for Vietnam ... By mellimoon on 11 Mar 2010 7 3797 18 Mar 2010
Is there pre arranged visa for Malaysia? ... By travelaround on 20 Jul 2011 3 2032 20 Jul 2011