Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

south vietnam for 2 weeks

• JoJo1968

Joined Travelfish
    23rd May, 2012

This is my situation,
    we are three families of four (2 adults, 2 teenage kids each family). We are flying into HCMC on 17/1 next year for a total of 16 days. I would be most grateful if people would suggest:
    * A travel itenary
    * great things to see
    * great places to eat
    * great accomodation
    * what the weather is like in this area in January

Not keen on doing too much travelling around but definitely want to spend time in HCMC and a nice beach destination.

#1 Posted: 23/5/2012 - 06:55

• Advertisement

• phidongquan

Click here to learn more about phidongquan
    Joined Travelfish
    22nd May, 2012
    Location Vietnam

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi Jojo,
    I have some advices for you:
    * A travel itenary (you mean travel itinerary ? ):
    From HCMC, you can travel to :
    - Mekong Delta: Ben Tre, Vinh Long, Tra Vinh, My Tho, Soc Trang, Can Tho (depends on how long will you want to spend)
    - Da Lat: the high mountain with fresh air, high temperature, lots of flowers and trees
    - Nha Trang: recommend if you like beach, many of beautiful island beaches, great sight-seeing, price is not expensive, people is friendly, food is delicious, nightlife is cool. (I like it most). It takes about 9hours by train from HCMC to Nha Trang.
    - Phu Quoc: beautiful and natural island, not much nightlife, great beaches. Arrive to Phu Quoc by small airplan (I used this) or boat (not sure about that)
    - Mui Ne: rather good beach, near HCMC (takes about 4hours by car/bus), many resorts.
    - Vung Tau: nearest beach from HCMC, (takes about 2-3hours by car/bus) but this beach is polluted.
    * great things to see
    Well, lots of thing to list for you. In Saigon (center of HCMC), there even are many places to visit. You can ask the hotel receptionist or taxi driver for more detail. If you really want to know more detail, just tell me.
    * great places to eat
    Well, same as "things to see", from high-class restaurant to low-class restaurant, especially one is street stalls (vietnamese likes streest foods so much, as my opinion). You can ask receptionist or tell me, I will give you the list (I think you will have not enoght time to try all [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img] )
    * great accomodation
    It's depend on how much do you want to spend per day for accommodation. Tell us so we can give you a suggestion. I'm not allowed to introduce my hotel or other hotel in this forum.
    * what the weather is like in this area in January
    According to your infomation (arrive in VN about 17th,Jan) the weather will be cold, so it's not good for beach but good for sight seeing and try hot foods

Tell us if you need further information,
    Phi Dong Quan

#2 Posted: 26/5/2012 - 22:29

• henry7000

Joined Travelfish
    28th May, 2012

Hi there I would suggest 5 amazing places to visit in south Vietnam they are Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City),Nha Trang,Dalat,Phu Quoc Island,Vung Tau....thanks alot...

http://www.exploretrip.com/travel-deals/aruba-flights-aua-3.htm

#3 Posted: 28/5/2012 - 00:55

• ecotravelvn

Joined Travelfish
    3rd June, 2012
    Location Vietnam

Hi,
    16 days in Vietnam, much things to see in your trip
    Here is my suggestion
    D1: Hanoi arr
    D2:Hanoi city
    D3: Hanoi - halong bay
    D4: halong - Hanoi - train sapa
    D5: sapa
    D6: Sa pa - night train back Hanoi
    D7: Hanoi - flight to Hue
    D8: Hue city
    D9: Hue - Hoi An
    D10: Hoi An
    D11: Hoi An - Da Nang - Ho Chi Minh
    D12: Ho Chi Minh - Cu Chi tunnels
    D13: Ho Chi Minh - Mekong delta
    D14: Mekong delta
    D15:Mekong delta - Ho Chi Minh
    D16: Ho Chi Minh depart

#4 Posted: 14/6/2012 - 10:01

• stoneman

Joined Travelfish
    8th May, 2010
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 9

The internet has so much info on the questions you are asking. Please do some research and post questions that you are unable to find info about on the internet.

There are so many variables to travelling in SEA ie preferences in regard to transport, to accom., places of interest etc etc.

Google is your friend.

#5 Posted: 15/6/2012 - 08:30

• oceansrepub-
    lic

Joined Travelfish
    23rd June, 2012

hey Jojo,

with so many ppl and kids I would do a couple days in HCMC dohalf day trips to Chu chi tunnels and city tours...HCMC can be quite exhausting with kids, noise, traffic and so on....then take a private car 16 seats approx. 120 to 160 USD streight to Mui Ne Beach and spend your time there...then if you don`t want to travel too much I would also go to Dalat some days and from Dalat back to HCMC....before you fly home a 2 oe 3 day Mekong Delta Trip is a must see too.....stress free travel and still a lot to see and discover....I am living here in VN and if u need some more insights just drop me a note at Dietmar.Vogelmann@yahoo.com....have a save trip.

#6 Posted: 24/6/2012 - 09:52

• travelvietn-
    am88

Joined Travelfish
    12th July, 2012

Sample tour for 16 days
    HO CHI MINH CITY - MEKONG DELTA - PHAN THIET - NHA TRANG - DANANG - HOI AN HUE
    HA NOI - HA LONG BAY

( 16 days - 15nights ) Daily departure
    This trip can be started from Hanoi

DAY 1: HO CHI MINH CITY
    Welcomed at Tan Son Nhat airport and transfered to Hotel. Short city tour to the Reunification Hall, China Town and Thien Hau Pagoda. Welcome dinner on boat to cruise along Sai Gon river to see Saigon by night. Overnight in Ho Chi Minh City

DAY 2: SAIGON - CANTHO
    8h00 PickS up for Cantho. Stop in My Hiep,take a 3 - hour boat trip cruising through RUNG TRAM FOREST which was used by the so-called VIET CONG ARMY during the anti-American war time as a base called XEO QUYT. That was a vast forest with deserted canal surrounded by aquatic grass and plants, tall trees and vines. Lunch at the restaurant. Visit SA DEC FLOWER NURSERY.Go through VINH LONG. Dinner at the restaurant. Overnigh
    ht in Can Tho.

DAY 3 : CAN THO – SAI GON
    See round CAI RANG FLOATING MARKET,a vermicelli making shop and a rice husking mill. Lunch at garden restaurant. Take a 2 and a half hour boat trip to see the peaceful natural setting and tranquil life in rural Vietnam. Back to Sai Gon in the afternoon. Overnight in Saigon.

DAY 4: HO CHI MINH CITY - PHAN THIET
    Drive to Phan Thiet , a famous beach 200km to the North of Ho Chi Minh City. Check in at a lovely beach resort as Blue Ocean or Bamboo Village. Free bathing with sun and white sand at the resort. Night at the resort.
    DAY 5: PHAN THIET
    Enjoy the beach at sunrise. After breakfast . Free to visit the famous moving sand-hill of Phan Thiet. Visit Poshanu Cham Tower, Duc Thanh School. Night at the resort

DAY 6: PHAN THIET - NHA TRANG D
    A.M. Visit Phan Thiet Market. Then transfer to Nha Trang city, 250 km North of Phan Thiet which is considered as the best beach of Vietnam. Check in hotel. Free for relax at the beach, Swimming or sunbathing. Overnight in Nha Trang.

DAY 7: NHA TRANG - ISLANDS
    Full day boat trip to visit Tri Nguyen Aquarium, Hon Tam Island. Sea-bathing in the blue water beach. You can also enjoy diving or snorkelling at the islands. Lunch at Island. Back to hotel. Night in Nha Trang.

DAY 8: NHA TRANG -HOI AN by Flight
    Transfer to Nha Trang Airport for flight to Da Nang. Meet and transfer to Hoi An ancient town, 30 km South of Da Nang, one of the World’’s Cutural Heritage. Visit Japanese Bridge, Chinese Pagoda… Free time and overnight in Hoi An.

DAY 9: HOI AN .
    Free to go shopping and relax at Hoian ancient town. Night in Hoian.

DAY 10: HOIAN - DANANG - HUE
    Transfer to Danang for visiting Ngu Hanh (Marble) Mountains, Non Nuoc Beach, Cham Museum. Continue to Hue , stopover at the Hai Van Pass, the most beautiful mountain-pass of Vietnam, Lang Co Beach. Check in hotel. Night in Hue.

DAY 11: HUE
    A.M. Boat trip along Perfume River to visit Thien Mu pagoda, Minh Mang King’s Mausoleum and Hon Chen Temple.
    P.M. Visit Khai Dinh’s Mausoleums. Walk around the Perfume rivel. Night in Hue.

DAY 12: HUE - HANOI by Flight
    A.M. Visit Hue Imperial Citadel, Dong Ba Market.
    P.M. Transfer to Phu Bai Airport for flight to Hanoi. Meet at Noi Bai airport and transfer to hotel. Evening enjoy Water-puppet show - a Vietnamese famous traditional art. Overnight at hotel.

DAY 13: HANOI
    Full day city tour to Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Ho Chi Minh House-on-stilts, Ho Chi Minh Museum and One-Pillar Pagoda, Hanoi Old Quarter, Temple of Literature (the first University of Vietnam), Restored Sword Lake, Tran Quoc Pagoda. Overnight in Hanoi.

DAY 14: HANOI - HALONG BAY
    8.30 Am Pick you up for the tour to Halong bay.3 hours on bus with a short break on the way. Enjoy scenery of Vietnam countrysides. Arrive Halong at arround 11:30 Am. Get on Boat for Cruising and visiting landscapes of the bay in the whole afternoon, Enjoy sea food lunch on Boat. Boat will take you to visit Dinh huong island, Ga choi (fighting cock island), Dog island, Sail island… Stop on the sea to get inside and visit beautiful caves. Dau go (wooden head), Thien Cung (Heavenly Palace) or Sung Sot (surprising cave). Pause in Lan Ha Bay for relaxing , swimming & rowing kayak to discover the hidden charm of the bay. Dinner, relax and in a calm water area for the whole evening . Overnight on boat under the fresh air of the Sea.

DAY 15: HA LONG - HANOI
    Breakfast. Leave Cat ba for a morning cruise to visit Man’s head island, Luon cave, fishing villages on the sea. Arrive Halong at noon. Have lunch in a restaurant. 1:00 Pm leave Halong city. Arrive Ha Noi At 4:00 Pm. Overnight at hotel in Hanoi.

DAY 16: HANOI - DEPARTURE
    Breakfast at hotel. Free until transfer to airport for departure. Tour ends

#7 Posted: 12/7/2012 - 04:51

• stoneman

Joined Travelfish
    8th May, 2010
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 9

Interests and needs can vary from one person to the next on many levels. A little
    planning on your part will give you the confidence to make the most of your holiday.
    You may find the following websites helpful in your planning. I still use many of them
    to add/update my own notes even for places I’ve yet to visit. They will provide you
    with all the information you need, if not then post a specific question.

travelfish.org - travelguides, forums, planning, town maps
    travellerspoint.com– travel guides, forums
    tripadvisor.com– travel guides, forums, reviews-accommodation, restaurants, tours
    virtualtourist.com.com– travel guides, forums
    LonelyPlanet – Thorn Tree – travel guides, forums
    travelblog.org– travel diaries (blogs)
    cnngo.com - travel info
    seat61.com– train info and timetables
    www.thesinhtourist.vn – popular buscompany through Vietnam
    asiarooms.com– accommodation and reviews
    agoda.com– accommodation and reviews
    hostelbookers.com– accommodation and reviews
    tigerairways.com ,airasia.com , Jetstar Asia -flight search engines for Asia
    www.accuweather.com – weather forecast
    hanoikids.org -volunteer tour guide club in Hanoi, Vietnam - some controversy with this-tips are expected by the "volunteers" Also saigonhotpot.com

#8 Posted: 15/7/2012 - 10:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
3-weeks South Vietnam and South Laos itinerary ... By Foolslena on 19 Jun 2013 6 1855 8 Aug 2013
3 weeks in South Vietnam - where would you go? ... By Mariedk on 18 Oct 2009 8 4409 26 Oct 2009