Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Ha Long Bay cruises

• gulliverand-
    marc

Joined Travelfish
    24th May, 2012
    Location Belgium

We are planning a trip to Vietnam in a few months' time and wonder what is the best way to book a cruise in Ha Long Bay. We're not sure we'll be going straight to Ha Long from Hanoi , so is it really necessary to take the tour from Hanoi or can we show up in Hai Phong for instance and find a tour when we get there?

#1 Posted: 24/5/2012 - 06:49

• Advertisement

• susannna

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2012

We booked our Halong bay tour through Darian Culbert and highly recommend this travel agent! Very helpful and professional! You can check many cruises at their website: http://www.darianculbert.com Our tour starts from our hotel in Hanoi and I think that's the best way to enjoy the trip. Bus trip is fine although it is quite boring but the Halong Bay is wonderful!

#2 Posted: 24/5/2012 - 09:38

• gulliverand-
    marc

Joined Travelfish
    24th May, 2012
    Location Belgium

Thanks Susanna. We still have plenty of time and I shall be exploring all options. But Darial Culbert is now on my list of things to check out.

#3 Posted: 31/5/2012 - 00:46

• rainbow007

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

hello guillverand marc

Ha long Bay is become a must see destination in North of Vietnam, and there many travel agents in which offer trip to Halong depend on what kind of service you want, it is rather romantic if you stay overnight on boat. You can search online for travel agent or walk around the Old quarter for direct consult and make sure to bargain.

#4 Posted: 6/6/2012 - 09:55

• stoneman

Joined Travelfish
    8th May, 2010
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 9

I've researched both options. I would book my preferred cruise direct with the cruise operator or through a travel agent as soon as I arrived in Hanoi. I've read accom. reviews for 3-4* hotels in Halong area on tripadvisor etc and they are not complimentary.

#5 Posted: 10/7/2012 - 11:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.