Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Ha Long Bay cruises

Posted by gulliverandmarc on 24/5/2012 at 06:49

We are planning a trip to Vietnam in a few months' time and wonder what is the best way to book a cruise in Ha Long Bay. We're not sure we'll be going straight to Ha Long from Hanoi , so is it really necessary to take the tour from Hanoi or can we show up in Hai Phong for instance and find a tour when we get there?

#1 gulliverandmarc has been a member since 24/5/2012. Location: Belgium. Posts: 3

Posted by susannna on 24/5/2012 at 09:38

We booked our Halong bay tour through Darian Culbert and highly recommend this travel agent! Very helpful and professional! You can check many cruises at their website: http://www.darianculbert.com Our tour starts from our hotel in Hanoi and I think that's the best way to enjoy the trip. Bus trip is fine although it is quite boring but the Halong Bay is wonderful!

#2 susannna has been a member since 6/4/2012. Posts: 22

Posted by gulliverandmarc on 31/5/2012 at 00:46

Thanks Susanna. We still have plenty of time and I shall be exploring all options. But Darial Culbert is now on my list of things to check out.

#3 gulliverandmarc has been a member since 24/5/2012. Location: Belgium. Posts: 3

Posted by rainbow007 on 6/6/2012 at 09:55

Posted from within Vietnam.

hello guillverand marc

Ha long Bay is become a must see destination in North of Vietnam, and there many travel agents in which offer trip to Halong depend on what kind of service you want, it is rather romantic if you stay overnight on boat. You can search online for travel agent or walk around the Old quarter for direct consult and make sure to bargain.

#4 rainbow007 has been a member since 6/6/2012. Posts: 5

Posted by stoneman on 10/7/2012 at 11:25

I've researched both options. I would book my preferred cruise direct with the cruise operator or through a travel agent as soon as I arrived in Hanoi. I've read accom. reviews for 3-4* hotels in Halong area on tripadvisor etc and they are not complimentary.

#5 stoneman has been a member since 8/5/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 100

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.