Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Anyone want to bike through Vietnam?

• Ardo

Joined Travelfish
    25th May, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi, I'm in Hanoi at the moment and plan to get a bike here and ride all the way through Vietnam, and maybe some of Cambodia. Since I'm traveling alone I only really want to do it if I can find someone to join me, at least for the first part of the journey towards Hue. I have a decent Vietnamese contact to get a good price on bikes, but have also met a couple travelers here sellng bikes that we could test out. I'm going to Halong Bay tomorrow for 2 nights, and will be back in Hanoi on the 28th of May.

My name is Ardo, I'm 23, from London with an international background (but born and raised in London ;)), if you're interested or have any questions or just want to meet don't hesitate to get into contact with me via email or facebook or phone. I'm staying at Hanoi Backpackers (the new one).

a.aljaf@gmail.com

#1 Posted: 25/5/2012 - 02:51

• Advertisement

• HanoiMargar-
    ita

Joined Travelfish
    2nd May, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi Ardo,
    I am finishing my trip in Vietnam (8 weeks, from North to South). I had a few rides
    myself and some with a driver. The roads in Vietnam are very different and most of them are VERY dangerous. You should've a good/long experience riding in Asia before you start your journey in Vietnam.
    Besides, it is illegal unless you have a Vietnamese license (read the forum [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]
    P.S. The ride from Hue to Danang was the best ride I ever had. The views are breathtaking.

#2 Posted: 5/6/2012 - 05:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.