Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Motorbiking from Saigon to Can Tho

• hallf_brick

Joined Travelfish
    16th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 2

We're in Saigon at the end of July and are planning on Motorbiking from Saigon to Can Tho.
    Has anyone done this trip? From what I can tell it takes around 4 hours, I guess on highway 1A. Are there better roads to take than the motorway though? How easy is it to get lost if you stray from the motorway?

#1 Posted: 1/6/2012 - 18:32

• Advertisement

• aney

Joined Travelfish
    31st May, 2012

Highway 1A is the best way to ride from Saigon to Can Tho.
    As my experience, turn on GPS on your mobile phone, choose your destination, and... let's go. No worry about getting lost. I'm using Vietmap application on my Nokia N79, very useful for me when traveling. It gives me realtime direction to destination, save all the famous places and good restaurants, street stalls which I visited.
    Regards,
    Aney Nguyen
    (aney.nguyen@gmail.com)

#2 Posted: 1/6/2012 - 20:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Looking for others motorbiking to Hanoi from Saigon ... By eastmeetswest on 7 Jun 2014 0 367 7 Jun 2014
Motorbiking from Saigon to Hanoi in mid April to May ... By Travellight on 1 Apr 2011 0 2380 1 Apr 2011
Motorbiking Saigon to Hanoi Jan 2012 keen? ... By stik86 on 7 Dec 2011 0 1778 7 Dec 2011