Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Flight to Hanoi and urgent visa

• cthay407

Joined Travelfish
    15th April, 2007

Hi,
    I'm trying to get from the USA to Hanoi by April 19 (5 days away). I know it's possible to arrange for a travel agent to obtain your Vietnam visa and give it to you upon arrival - do you know any particular trustworthy places to look for this? Also is this possible not only in Hanoi but in BKK where I am flying through?

-My boyfriend tried to buy my ticket online from Vietnam, but I can't fly because they (United, Thai Airways, Eva) say I have to present the credit card that purchased the ticket in order to board in the States. Is there any way around this wiht other airlines?

Thank you!

-Trying to see Thay

#1 Posted: 15/4/2007 - 06:35

• Advertisement

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

First of all your visa. Ha Noi Toserco < http://www.tosercohanoi.com/ > is a trusted agency and not known for overcharging your credit card.

You will have to supply them with all your info. This info is shown on < http://www.wompom.ca/vietnam/vnvisa01.htm >.

Questions 1-7 are simple. You need not supply answers to 8 or 9. The answer to 10 is TOURISM. 11. No answer required. 12. Is the EARLIEST date you will enter and 90 days later for the exit (just answer the date and don't worry about accuracy). 13. Number of entries is SINGLE. 14. Leave blank.

You will need USD$ CASH to pay for the visa and for the service rep. The amount will be advised.

YOU SHOULD ALSO CARRY *TWO* PASSPORT TYPE PICTURES (always carry more in case you need them for site admission passes, etc.)

The Agent will need to know your flight number and date of arrival.

When the approval is recieved by the agent he will e-mail a copy of the letter of approval (signed and stamped by government). I suggest you staple this in your passport so when you check in the airline can read it. Some airlines (dumb ones like Air Canada, et al) occasionally want you to sign a waiver about 'Non-admission' - just sign it as you will already have your return ticket.

EMPHASISE in your communication with Ha Noi Toserco the URGENCY and date of arrival. The date of flight arrival is less important than getting the visa and can be advised later.

As for your ticket, thanks to the TSA (complain to George Bush), I suggest you contact Vietnamese, Thai or Chinese travel agency in your community as they will (1) Know how to get around your problem; (2) Offer 'consolidator' discount fares - many ethnic agencies get contracts with favourable pricing.

Don't limit yourself to American carriers - some Far Eastern airlines are offering discounts.

#2 Posted: 15/4/2007 - 18:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Flight Hanoi - Bangkok (Visa Question) ... By MILKDOG on 5 Jun 2006 1 2392 5 Jun 2006
UK flight to BKK then another flight to Laos - Need to stamp Thai visa? ... By Jleef on 27 Apr 2010 2 1779 27 Apr 2010