Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Another Weather Question- Sorry :(

• Benno

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012

Hi Everyone,
    Looking at spending a few weeks in the central/southern part of Vietnam in NOVEMBER (1st 3 weeks) this year. Locations are the Hoi An area and HCMC.
    By area I mean we have not decided on HA or Danang as launch pads yet (suggestions??)
    We are looking at spending a few days in HCMC then heading up to Hoi An to explore the surrounds.
    I know there were floods last year that decimated the area as well as other countries, but was this a one off super system or is it a regular occurrence in November. I see by reports that it is a high rainfall time, but excluding 2011, are the showers afternoon downpours then fine or are days of rain to be expected??
    We were hoping to have this part of the holiday as the fun in the sun part as well as explore the towns. We would like to avoid the super tourist areas like Na Trang etc.

Thanks for your patience with another weather related question.

#1 Posted: 6/7/2012 - 02:33

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

The later you go, the safer you will be from fall typhoons (I believe October to be the month to avoid). No one can predict weather - my best advice is just to stay flexible, keep on top of the weather (the internet can predict 7-10 days ahead) and stop worrying. I will be in N. VN myself in late Nov. Not going to Hanoi - why not, are you crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy?

#2 Posted: 6/7/2012 - 11:19

• Benno

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012

Thanks daawgon,
    We actually just returned from nth VN a week ago. We are doing VN in two stages due to work. We did spend 4N in Hanoi then as well as time in SAPA and Ha Long bay.

#3 Posted: 6/7/2012 - 19:34

• alenathai181

Joined Travelfish
    7th July, 2012
    Location Vietnam

I am living in Hue, near to Hoi An & Da Nang. November is cold season without no flood normally. Although it is cold but not much rain so you can travel this time. Normally rain heavy from end of Sep & Oct
    South of Vietnam from Nha Trang to HCMC is sunny.
    Take a trip to Hoi An, My son & village surround Hoi An if you wish, have a cooking class. Take flight to nhatrang or HCMC to continue your trip and visit HCMC, cu chi tunnels & mekong delta.

Sunny welcome & have a nice trip!

#4 Posted: 7/7/2012 - 02:46

• Benno

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012

By 'cold' do you mean top temprature of 25C instead of 30+ degrees??
    Cold down here is an overnight of -2C and a 'top' of 12C.
    We don't want to be spending a lot of time packing and unpacking in hotels, so a nice 'launchpad' with warm weather is what we are after.

#5 Posted: 7/7/2012 - 04:14

• alenathai181

Joined Travelfish
    7th July, 2012
    Location Vietnam

Posted from within Vietnam.

Cold but the temperature normally from 15 to 15 degree

#6 Posted: 9/7/2012 - 08:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.