Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Tour packages from HCMC to Dalat

Posted by subzer06o4 on 18/4/2007 at 21:49

I am interested in going on a 4-5 day tour to Dalat from HCMC around mid-May. As I understand, there are several options to do this; such as the open tour buses being affordable but not really confortable.
So, from reading lonely planet guides, they recommend private buses or mini-buses as the ideal alternative.

How can I locate one of these buses in HCMC? If I book tour packages (ie. from Saigon Tourist or other private tour companies) do they usually use these means of transportation?

We also thought about hiring a vehicle + driver for a few days on this excursion but I think that would be very expensive..given I need to pay for his overnight accomodation, meals?, etc.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

#1 subzer06o4 has been a member since 16/3/2007. Posts: 8

Posted by somtam2000 on 19/4/2007 at 08:18 admin

I think you'll find that the private minibuses LP refers to ARE the Open Tour buses.

It's straightforward to just get a one way bus to Da Lat from Saigon then organise things once you're on the ground there. a lot of people choose to explore the area with the Easy Riders.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.