My husband and I are thinking About visiting Vietnam for the first time in September. Our plan is to start in Hanoi and make our way to HCM over 18 or 19 days. Not long I know But it is all the time we can take.
I have a few questions:
1. Do I
Need to book tours, train tickets, internal flights and accommodation in advance? We would prefer to have the flexibility to move at our own pace
2. Halong Bay while definitely somewhere I would like to see seems very busy - I heard there are other locations close by which are quieter - any information and advice on these would be welcome
3. There is a lot of quests here about weather but I still don't know if I can reasonably expect sunshine every day or just how much rain there will be. After a dismal wet and grey summer here I really need blue skies and sunshine at least for some of the time.
4. We Want to spend some time at a beach resort - can someone advice on where I would get the best weather and all around experience
Any advice and words of wisdom will be much appreciated.
#1 jackiep has been a member since 18/7/2012. Posts: 2
1: You should book flight ticket, vietnam visa on arrial as well as hotel in advance. Because many tourists come Vietnam in Sep.
2: Halong is beautiful place , the atmostphere is fresh and you can go Cat Ba or Tuan Chau Island.
3: The weather is Sep is the summer, so please do not worry about rain.
4: If you like beach resort, you can go to Nha Trang or Mui ne. I beleive you will never forget them
#2 LaraHelen has been a member since 13/7/2012. Posts: 35
Thanks guys - will sort visa before arriving. Might book Halong trip in advance and will check out the recommendations here. Think I will hold off booking the Danang to HCM flight for now as I really don't want to be tied to specific date - would prefer to keep this flexible although might rethink if domestic flights are difficult to get last minute?
Am hoping to take train from Hanoi to Hue but think I will be okay booking this in Hanoi unless I get other advice here
#3 jackiep has been a member since 18/7/2012. Posts: 2
If you want to make Vietnam visa on arrival, please should note that Vietnam Immigration Department will not work on Saturday and Sunday, so apply some days before your plane fly. You aslo note that it costs 16usd for one month single entry visa.Have a nice holiday!
#4 LaraHelen has been a member since 13/7/2012. Posts: 35
Some notes for your holiday in Vietnam,
1. You should book tours, train tickets, internal flights and accommodation before your departure to avoid fully booked. Price’s services in low season (from May to Sep) is also cheaper than high season (Oct to Apr)
2. Some Cruises explorer Halong Bay but I highly recommend that you join Cruise which discovers Bai Tu Long Bay. Bai Tu Long Bay is rather quite, much less dramatic, rather while quitter and less visited than Halong bay proper,
3.The sea weather is a little bit cold in early morning and midnight but sunshineon middle day.
4. Vietnam is famous for beautiful beaches are Nha Trang, Mui Ne, Danang, Hoi An , Phu Quoc also one of good choice for visitors.
Bestprice Vietnam Team
#5 rainbowsky has been a member since 28/8/2012. Posts: 2