Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Avoiding Vinh!

Posted by KhowNeow11 on 21/7/2012 at 22:21

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hello all,
My friend and i will be motorbiking from the North down into Laos via the border crossing at Cao Treo/Nam Phao.

I've not read a single good thing about Vinh, and was wondering if staying a night there could be avoided. Any decent towns to stay in in the area? Particularly along highway 8 en route to the border?
Any tips on the best way to get from Hanoi and surrounds to the Cao Treo/Nam Phao border in general? Time is a factor, but will to do a bit more driving if it means i can stay off of highway 1... Being covered from head to toe in the dust of 1000 industrial trucks is not my idea of a pleasant ride :)

thanks folks

#1 KhowNeow11 has been a member since 10/9/2011. Posts: 19
 Where has KhowNeow11 been? 

Posted by LaraHelen on 23/7/2012 at 03:49

Posted from within Vietnam.

I don't know why you wonder about staying one night in Vinh. I think it is not problem. You can find one hotel to stay. I think you should not make your journey become more complicated.

#2 LaraHelen has been a member since 13/7/2012. Posts: 35

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.