• KhowNeow11

Joined Travelfish
    10th September, 2011
    Total reviews: 9
    Places visited:
    At least 49

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hello all,
    My friend and i will be motorbiking from the North down into Laos via the border crossing at Cao Treo/Nam Phao.

I've not read a single good thing about Vinh, and was wondering if staying a night there could be avoided. Any decent towns to stay in in the area? Particularly along highway 8 en route to the border?
    Any tips on the best way to get from Hanoi and surrounds to the Cao Treo/Nam Phao border in general? Time is a factor, but will to do a bit more driving if it means i can stay off of highway 1... Being covered from head to toe in the dust of 1000 industrial trucks is not my idea of a pleasant ride :)

thanks folks

#1 Posted: 21/7/2012 - 22:21

• Advertisement

• LaraHelen

Joined Travelfish
    13th July, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

I don't know why you wonder about staying one night in Vinh. I think it is not problem. You can find one hotel to stay. I think you should not make your journey become more complicated.

#2 Posted: 23/7/2012 - 03:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.