Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Vietnam/Cambodia 10 nights

Posted by andrewmasca on 9/8/2012 at 18:16

hi,

i've managed to (i think) persuade my gf to go to vietnam and cambodia (never been before), i prefer the whole tourist and seeing the world sort of things as opposed to sitting down all day on a beach. I figure i should at least please my gf's idea of a holiday and incorporate a beach based part of the holiday. I've been looking at spending 3 or 4 days in the Siem Reap area (Lin Ratank hotel) and the rest on Phu Quol Island, from what i can gather is that you have to get a flight from (Ho Chi Minh airport, where my flight ends) to Phu Quol Island, is there not a boat ?

Is it possible to get a boat to Cambodia from Phu Quol Island? or would you suggest a flight or other transport?

I was planning on having the Cambodia part sandwiched between 2 visits to Quol Island, but realise could prove costly with 4 internal flights in total, So just wondering on any other ideas or places to stop instead?

Sorry for all the questions but obviously need to make sure my gf enjoys the holiday as well,

#1 andrewmasca has been a member since 9/8/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by daawgon on 9/8/2012 at 21:30

It's all explained in the PQ section of T'fish

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,083

Posted by alenathai181 on 10/8/2012 at 10:05

Posted from within Vietnam.

You can choose travel to Phu Quoc by speedboat after you visit mekong delta
but when you travel from Phu Quoc to HoChiminh you should take flight
other part in Vietnam you can travel by train, bus or private car or plane

#3 alenathai181 has been a member since 7/7/2012. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 25

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.