Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

More than 4 weeks in Vietnam?

• GhostOfTomJ-
    oad

Joined Travelfish
    23rd August, 2012

Hi, i'm new to the forums but i imagine i will be posting a lot in the next few months, as I am due to go to South East Asia for 6 months at the end of October. I am going to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and then back to Thailand (and depending on how much time I have to Myanmar for a week).

Because i have a lot of time, I was thinking of spending more than 4 weeks in Vietnam, perhaps 5 or even 6 weeks, but i'm not sure about the visa situation. I know I need a visa, which I will get from Phnom Penh (I plan to get to HCMC from Phnom Penh via boat). However, if i am staying for more than 30 days, I will need to get an extension, or renew it. But i'm not sure where I can do this? I know it can be done in Hanoi , but obviously that won't work out because that is where I am flying from to Thailand and would be the end of my trip in Vietnam. Somewhere in between HCMC and Hanoi would be perfect.

Thanks for any advice.

#1 Posted: 26/8/2012 - 07:13

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I believe this is a simple matter, just google "vietnam visa extension"

#2 Posted: 26/8/2012 - 13:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.