Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Nha Trang - Dalat (Motortour)

• bartdebruij-
    n87

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2012

Hi,

I'm planning to take a 3 day trip with a motor tour (like easy riders), starting in Nha Trang and finishing in Dalat. Is this recommended because most itineraries i see online are the reversed route (Dalat - Nha Trang). Does anybody has good advice on good tour operators in Nha Trang who provide such tours?

Many thanks in advance.\

Kind regards,
    Bart

#1 Posted: 27/8/2012 - 15:38

• Advertisement

• LaraHelen

Joined Travelfish
    13th July, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

You can contact directly with one travel agency in Nha Trang.You can find it on the Internet. This agency can arrange for you with tour which you like.

#2 Posted: 27/8/2012 - 21:45

• enigmatic

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2011
    Total reviews: 11

Posted from within Vietnam.

Don't even think of using a travel agency, especially not a Hanoi based fake Sinhcafe :-p

If you speak to the riders direct you'll be able to get a clear idea of who you're riding with and will probably end up paying less.

Look out for the guys in Nha Trang with good motorbikes; usually with badges saying "Easy Rider" or "Bike Tours"). Chances are they'll find you if you're walking around in the daytime anyway. Have a chat with them about the route they take, places they stop off at and look at their book of photos and testimonials.
    Feel free to take their card and walk away if you find them too pushy or difficult to understand: there are plenty of riders to choose from and the best ones are very good guides. If you have any worries about the longer ride get a day trip around the Nha Trang area first so you can judge their driving and demeanour.

The blue-uniformed original Easy Rider group - older guys based in Dalat - can be quite disparaging about the Nha Trang Easy Riders ("Not educated" said mine, managing to sound even more French than usual) but then they would say that about the competition. The "originals" tend to be older and enforce certain standards such as not drinking alcohol in the evenings which you may or may not prefer. You won't find them touting for business in Nha Trang but if you're determined to use their services you can probably prearrange for someone to meet you there and ride back to Dalat via their website.
    http://dalat-easyrider.com/

Everyone else will probably tell you they're an "original" Easy Rider anyway, and many of them will have been doing bike tours for at least as long. It's best to focus on whether you like the original rider.

More good info in this thread
    http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/vietnam/6282_the-real-easyriders-
    (mod: please could you make that thread a sticky)

#3 Posted: 18/9/2012 - 02:41

• Jarrod32

Joined Travelfish
    28th July, 2011

G'Day Bart,

We used a guy called Hai Nguyen last year and you can contact him through his website http://motorcyclememory.jimdo.com/ or by email on motorcyclememory@hotmail.com

Hai would be very happy to accommodate whatever your travel plans are - including finishing the trip in Dalat. My wife and I went on a 6 day trip from Nha Trang through the Central Highlands and finished in Hoi An. Other friends have also used this guy and had no problems at all. Hai arranges everything including accommodation etc so all you have to do is sit back, relax, enjoy the scenery and hospitality along the way. We had a fantastic time and cat wait to come back and do another trip from Nha Trang to Saigon. Might be a couple of years away given I now have a three month old son.

If you need any further inforamtion please send me a message and if you decide to use Hai please let him know that Jarrod recommended his services.

Cheers,

Jarrod

#4 Posted: 18/9/2012 - 17:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Dalat to Nha Trang ... By MorrieC on 2 Jan 2011 5 10881 5 Feb 2011
Nha Trang, Mui Ne, Dalat ... By Evahu_210 on 12 May 2009 1 3635 12 May 2009
Road from Nha Trang to Dalat ... By claire87uk on 21 Apr 2014 3 703 29 Apr 2014
Road from Nha Trang to Dalat ... By mlr on 11 Aug 2009 7 12283 5 May 2010
night bus from Nha Trang to Dalat ... By npeng on 3 May 2009 4 5108 6 May 2009
Easy Riders Nha Trang and Dalat ... By Jogilroy on 11 Aug 2007 1 3397 12 Aug 2007
Visit to HCMC/ DALAT/ N.TRANG/ MUI NE ... By KIPPERTHAI on 18 Mar 2010 0 3300 18 Mar 2010
New Scenic Road from Nha Trang to Dalat ... By alohatiger on 7 May 2008 2 4222 7 May 2008
Ho Chi Minh - Dalat - Nha Trang - Hanoi - Ha Long Bay ... By gladysymho on 2 May 2011 4 7105 18 May 2011
Good motorbike route HCMC/Dalat/N.Trang ... By KIPPERTHAI on 30 Jan 2010 2 5001 3 Feb 2010