Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

New Years Day &Bus Services

Posted by ashnee on 3/9/2012 at 08:19

Hi
I understand that while 1 January is a public holiday in Vietnam many services still operate. Does this mean that normal bus services remain unaffected?

I will be travelling in the Mekong Delta in December just before the New Year. I originally planned to travel by bus to HCMC on 31 December for 2 days before getting a flight to Con Dao Islands on 2 January.
However, now I am thinking of extending my stay in the Mekong by a further day to allow for a small side trip to Phnom Penh. This would mean getting a bus to HCMC on 1 January. I just need reassurance that I won't be risking getting my Con Dao flight.

thanks

#1 ashnee has been a member since 1/9/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by ashnee on 11/9/2012 at 05:09

Has absolutely no one on this forum used bus services on routes between the Mekong Delta and HCMC? Or at the very least I would appreciate some response from people who have used buses on OTHER major routes in Vietnam on New Years Day. I just need more certainty from those with practical experience as opposed to the vagueness I have been getting from travel guides/websites.

thanks in advance - hopefully there will be a response this time??

#2 ashnee has been a member since 1/9/2012. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.