Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

New Years Day &Bus Services

• ashnee

Joined Travelfish
    1st September, 2012

Hi
    I understand that while 1 January is a public holiday in Vietnam many services still operate. Does this mean that normal bus services remain unaffected?

I will be travelling in the Mekong Delta in December just before the New Year. I originally planned to travel by bus to HCMC on 31 December for 2 days before getting a flight to Con Dao Islands on 2 January.
    However, now I am thinking of extending my stay in the Mekong by a further day to allow for a small side trip to Phnom Penh. This would mean getting a bus to HCMC on 1 January. I just need reassurance that I won't be risking getting my Con Dao flight.

thanks

#1 Posted: 3/9/2012 - 08:19

• Advertisement

• ashnee

Joined Travelfish
    1st September, 2012

Has absolutely no one on this forum used bus services on routes between the Mekong Delta and HCMC? Or at the very least I would appreciate some response from people who have used buses on OTHER major routes in Vietnam on New Years Day. I just need more certainty from those with practical experience as opposed to the vagueness I have been getting from travel guides/websites.

thanks in advance - hopefully there will be a response this time??

#2 Posted: 11/9/2012 - 05:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.