Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

is there luggage storage in lao-cai station?

Posted by sykocan on 10/9/2012 at 06:41

for big travellers bag- we will arrive to lao cai on sunday morning- wanna gpo to bac ha market and keep some where the big bags- is there any solution?

#1 sykocan has been a member since 27/8/2012. Posts: 4

Posted by daawgon on 10/9/2012 at 10:10

Are you coming in from Hanoi - most people store luggage at their Hanoi hotel before taking the train. Seriously doubt that there is anything at that station - fairly primitive. Honestly, there's damn little room on that train for big bags, and I for one dislike my compartment mates to take up all the floor space with big bags! You should travel to the NW Highlands with a small bag like everyone else.

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,091

Posted by travellingsarah on 11/9/2012 at 21:43 TF writer

I agree with daawgon - I am picturing Lao Cai station and can't imagine anywhere for storage. Certainly nowhere official or guaranteed safe (I mean, they might let you leave it in the staff room for a charge but not sure you'd want to). So if you can, leave your big bag in Hanoi and travel with a small rucksack. Alternatively, if you're only going to Bac Ha for a day, where are you staying that night? If you're staying in Lao Cai you could check in to your hotel there before you travel.

#3 travellingsarah has been a member since 23/3/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 681
 Where has travellingsarah been?   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.