Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hanoi a few days before tet 2013

• travelbug86

Joined Travelfish
    18th July, 2012

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone knows what Hanoi is like a few days before tet. My travel party and I fly into Hanoi on the 6th of February. We have heard that many things close down a few days before tet. What will Hanoi be like from the 6th to the 9th of February?

Many thanks,
    Travel bug

#1 Posted: 20/9/2012 - 06:14

• Advertisement

• john48

Joined Travelfish
    26th September, 2012

Hay, I am world tourist.I like surfing and water games.The international visitors to Vietnam for the first five months of 2009 dropped 18.8% by Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT).That stat includes business travel but when that is taken out Vietnam has seen a 22% drop in tourist numbers. This is no doubt in part due to the ongoing uncertainties in Thailand, which continues to act as a gateway for many travellers to Vietnam.

#2 Posted: 27/9/2012 - 22:56

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

This answer from tripadvisor might answer your question a little better

#3 Posted: 30/9/2012 - 05:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.