Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

tell me should I come to Sapa,Vietnam

• denovia

Joined Travelfish
    17th October, 2012

I will come to Vietnam again in November. I have a week to stay here. my friend tell me Sapa is amazing. So should i come here? give me some advance

#1 Posted: 17/10/2012 - 04:14

• Advertisement

• wilaipond

Joined Travelfish
    17th October, 2012

Hi, Denovia

I was backpacker in Hanoi two years ago, I strongly suggest you to go to Sapa. It is amazing place. There are three seasons a day. Minority guides were so awesome!! You can catch a train from Hanoi to Lao Cai station. If you reach there on Monday you can visit Bac Ha Market. Things that you dont miss are trekking at Cat Cat (6 kms) and Lao Chai Villages(12kms). There are medical bath shops, you can take your relax time. It is very good for you to spend your vacation in Sapa. I believe that you will not forget it. (hope this infomation can help you in oreder to make your decision...)

Paula:)

#2 Posted: 17/10/2012 - 21:39

• Lila_Kue

Joined Travelfish
    16th October, 2012

Trekking-in-Sappa is awesome. Believe me. It's worth to go. You can have a great time taking photos, travelling, sightseeing and tasting local specialites.

#3 Posted: 21/10/2012 - 22:58

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Your friend is correct, Sapa is amazing.

#4 Posted: 22/10/2012 - 11:06

• denovia

Joined Travelfish
    17th October, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

thank dear friend. Good ideal for me. I see there are two way come to Sapa : Sapa group tours and Sapa private tours. So, I don't know to choose. again help me!

#5 Posted: 23/10/2012 - 04:00

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

Can the mods not block this ****? It gets annoying. How about anybody who wants to set up an account from within Vietnam is blocked?

#6 Posted: 23/10/2012 - 05:57

• Kurtz

Joined Travelfish
    15th October, 2012

@China. You calling me a tout?

#7 Posted: 26/10/2012 - 21:50

• HendrikRujn-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    1st November, 2012

Hi,
    You can catch a train from Ha Noi to Lao Cai , Then from Lao Cai you take a bus to Sapa . At Sapa, you can buy a tour or rent a bike to visit the minority village. The sights of Sapa is wonderful. I'm sure that you won't forget that travel. Enjoy!

#8 Posted: 2/11/2012 - 01:44

• mariajames

Joined Travelfish
    29th September, 2012

You can go there in autumn or in winter, On the everyman amount day, there can accept snow and that's the alone abode in Vietnam accepting snow in winter.Hope that you will accept a admirable time in Sapa

#9 Posted: 2/11/2012 - 12:48

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

@chinarocks we catch a lot of it, but not all - as some it trickier than others and, as pointed out above, not all posters on Vn IP addresses are shyster touts.

As you may have notices some pretend to be travellers for a while, but we eventually catch most of them.

If you do see a post that is dodgy, please click on the red 'x' as that will send me a notification - catch it quicker that way (assuming I am awake!)

Cheers

#10 Posted: 2/11/2012 - 19:51

• Advertisement

• Villa

Joined Travelfish
    26th October, 2012

Sapa is a beautiful place but you should avoid some touristy villages such as Cat Cat, Lao Chai, Tavan, Ta phin villages. Last time we went to Sapa and Hanoi tourism agencies arranged for us to these villages, it was disappointed. However we were lucky to recommend to a local guide named Viet. He made our Sapa tour memorable. I highly recommend you to contact to him, I promise that you will very happy. His email address: thoviet_dl@yahoo.com.vn

#11 Posted: 10/11/2012 - 21:54

• venorica

Joined Travelfish
    18th October, 2012

yes,that's right. Sappa is amazing.. you should to go to Sapa and enjoys it...

#12 Posted: 12/11/2012 - 01:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.