Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Vietnam Visa Extension Cities

• JustinC474

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

My friend and I are about to take off to motorbike down the coast from Hanoi to HCMC. However when we leave our visas will only have about 15 days left and we feel we want more time so were not rushed.

So our question is: what cities can you get a 1 month visa extension? So far I've heard Hanoi, HCMC, Hoi An and Danag but am having a hard time either confirming or denying this online.

Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks

#1 Posted: 6/11/2012 - 01:18

• Advertisement

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

according to LP-often so misaligned here (puh- a guidebook!0 its should be possible-with the burocratic nightmare associated in ANY provincial capital. However-just even finding those offices in offthetrack places might be more challenging as your western ideas think. Also the process is even in those major towns best handled via agents-and plan to get stuck for 5-7 days while its processed.
    I do not really see to much probs if you plan- in 2 weeks you should be able to reach halfway betwen Han and HCM danang/Hoi An or Hue and have it done there-also nice enough places for some rst for the next half.

#2 Posted: 10/11/2012 - 02:23

• Grunberg

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2014

It also depends on what kind of visa you are using, For example, your current visa is 1 month single you only entend it in one month more and I hope it is enough time for your travel.
    It is okay to extend it in Embassy in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh and Da Nang or extend online for money saving.
    Cheers.

#3 Posted: 17/3/2014 - 05:40

• Bill_Vietnam

Joined Travelfish
    17th March, 2014

I agree with Grunberg's comment. As i know, you can extend your visa one month more (with C1 visa) or 3 month more (with B3 visa) in Hanoi, Danang or Ho Chi Minh City. It takes 5-7 days in normal process or 1-2 days with urgent process in HCMC. I and my friends have just travel from Danang to HCMC by motobikes, Danang- Quang Nam (Hoian)- Quang Ngai- KonTum- Gia Lai-Buon Ma Thuot- Da Lat- Mui Ne- HCMC, about 210km/day, it's really fantastic! Wish you have a good safe trip! Cheers.

#4 Posted: 18/3/2014 - 06:53

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Vietnam Visa Extension Cities ... By JustinC474 on 6 Nov 2012 0 685 6 Nov 2012
Vietnam Visa Extension ... By maxmartin67 on 13 Aug 2011 4 4867 20 Jul 2014
Vietnam Border Run or Visa Extension? ... By AGRO on 27 Jul 2011 4 3651 2 Aug 2011
Can i get a visa extension on a 30day tourist visa without leaving the country? ... By swenglishdan on 31 Dec 2006 5 5229 4 Nov 2012