Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Halong bay and Sapa

Posted by sailor on 16/5/2007 at 11:37

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hello,

At the beginning of July we (girlfriend and I) will start our journey through Vietnam. We got 7 weeks to see the country, hope it'll be enough!
till hanoi we will travelling with a tourbus and train. From hanoi we would like to see halong bay and sapa. This is where my question is about. Because of the 7 weeks travelling and my internship at hcm I have to take a little more stuff with me than usual. What do you do with your luggage when you went to Sapa and halongbay for a copple of days. Is it possible to take it with you, or do you have to leave it somewhere?
Because I read about crowdy minivans who take you there, I assume there is not much space for luggage?

#1 sailor has been a member since 28/11/2006. Posts: 6

Posted by somtam2000 on 17/5/2007 at 09:58 admin

Hi sailor,

Most guesthouses in Hanoi will offer storage facilities where you can leave your stuff while out of town -- they're normally fine, though I wouldn't recommend leaving anything too valuable in your luggage.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by sailor on 17/5/2007 at 10:10

Posted from within Vietnam.

Thanks for your answer, but it is not possible to take your luggage with you? I it really to crowdy.
If there is no other way I will leave my stuff in a guesthouse..

#3 sailor has been a member since 28/11/2006. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.