Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Island trips off the coast of Vietnam?

• pucca_girl45

Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2012

Hello,
    I'll be traveling in Vietnam in January and would like to do a 4-5 day trip to a remote island chain. I've heard that the Con Dao Island system is spectacular. Are there any other island trips that anyone would recommend that are off the beaten path? We'll likely be interested in trekking around, snorkeling, diving, and beach combing.

Thanks for any advice!
    Pucca

#1 Posted: 15/11/2012 - 23:12

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

The main islands that have regular transport links are Con Dao, Phu Quoc Island and Cham Island (off Hoi An ). There's also a bunch of islands in Ha Long Bay obviously, but I'm not sure how many you can stay on/visit.

There are also further small islands off the southern tip of Phu Quoc Island that are popular for snorkelling and boat trips, but aside from that, not too much else springs to mind.

Cheers!

#2 Posted: 18/11/2012 - 07:46

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

CD has now several plush 5* resorts-of that is your idea of remoteness etc-then go elsewhere, but there are yes, also lower cost places. In fact I do not see any differecne between a beach on an island or at mainland.

#3 Posted: 24/11/2012 - 07:11

• LolaNguyen

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

Cham Island - but it depends on what time of the year you go as it is inaccessible in the rainy season.

#4 Posted: 27/11/2012 - 23:28

• pucca_girl45

Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2012

Thanks all - We are going to check out Cham Island and Pho Quoc. Much appreciated tips!

#5 Posted: 1/12/2012 - 19:34

• Foolslena

Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2013

Hi pucca_girl45,

what island beach did you finally end up going and can you recommend it?

I have the same considerations for next January.
    Cham Islands seems unsuitable in January (to cold/stromy/rainy). Looking for somewhere little crowded, clean and nice for swimming. Snorkeling would be a plus but I understand that Vietnam is not the best country for it.

#6 Posted: 10/8/2013 - 06:31

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Nha Trang Island day-trips - As bad as they sound? ... By WonderingTsar on 22 Feb 2010 6 9627 24 Feb 2010
Island hoping down the Andaman coast ... By glynsheard on 14 Aug 2007 1 3389 15 Aug 2007