Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hotels/Inns midway of Saigon and Mui Ne

• rlpangahas

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2012

Hi! I just want to ask if you know any hotels/inns midway of Saigon and Mui Ne. Please do tell me. Thanks!

#1 Posted: 18/11/2012 - 09:20

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

If you take the scenic route you could loop down via Vung Tau but otherwise the only real pitstop is Phan Thiet, which is so close to Mui Ne you may as well go to Mui Ne -- good seafood though!

#2 Posted: 22/11/2012 - 02:36

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

of course there are-dozens, if not 100s. Just learn the VNese for it: khach san=HTL or nha kach=guesthse-there are also rooms for rent-cheaper, basic, but mostly only for long time. Have that old standby ready- a guidebook with language guide, as no or very limited english will be spoken. Good, maybe a bit small, but new rooms go for 8-10US$.
    BUT: it makes no sense to ''break'' by train you even cannot, by bus its hourly in some 4 hrs. Do not plan to motobike it out of SGN (where I am now)-suicidalk and for the frist 100km its only suburban sprawl. Actually the food might be more of a prob by that break.

#3 Posted: 24/11/2012 - 07:03

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Riding out of there in ten days time captainbkk... though headed south ;-)

#4 Posted: 24/11/2012 - 07:12

• rlpangahas

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2012

Thanks for your replies. I decided to go straight from Siem Reap to Mui Ne (good luck with that) instead of staying halfway of Saigon and Mui Ne. I wanted a halfway thinking it would be easier to access both places but since there'd be lots to do (I think) in both places, it would be better to stay 2 or 3 days for each. If you have any recommendations for cheap hotels in Saigon and/or Mui Ne and activities I am all ears. smile.gif

somtam2000: I love seafood! If you know any restaurant with great seafood, please do tell. bigsmile.gif
    captainbkk: What is HTL? Goodluck with the motorbike and thanks for the advice. smile.gif

#5 Posted: 25/11/2012 - 02:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.