Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Motorbiking in Vietnam..

• potta_boro

Joined Travelfish
    3rd May, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

I arrive in Hanoi on Tuesday and I'm wanting to do the north to south ride but I'm a solo traveller and have a feeling it will be disastrous with me getting lost every 5 minutes so I was wondering is there any guided tours that do it? And where is the best place to buy a cheap motorbike?
    Cheers

#1 Posted: 23/11/2012 - 12:00

• Advertisement

• Kurtz

Joined Travelfish
    15th October, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

Try the new hanoin website for expats leaving the country and selling their bikes.

Do you have a Vietnamese drivers's license? It might cost you an immense amount of money if you have an accident and require surgery.

#2 Posted: 27/11/2012 - 21:50

• Sam007

Joined Travelfish
    25th November, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

Hi. Why not consider taking a tour with the Dalat Easy Riders.? They take all the stress out of motorbiking because you will be the passenger!
    You can check out their own website and also this blog post which was written about the Dalat easy Riders after the blogger took a tour with them. Useful article. Hope this helps. No need for a driver's license either!
    http://www.dontworryjusttravel.com/index.php/en/asiapacific/vietnam/68-dalat-to-nha-trang.html

#3 Posted: 21/1/2013 - 03:02

• ryder80

Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2010

there were some posts on here that somewhere dis-appeared, anyone know why?

there was a link to a couch surfing regarding motor-biking in vietnam and other info

#4 Posted: 22/1/2013 - 07:24

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

@ryder80 There was a post from a Vietnam-based business that was deleted yesterday. This is the Couchsurfing link they posted: http://www.couchsurfing.org/group.html?gid=26184 it looks to point to some Saigon-related Motorbike group.

Hope that helps.

#5 Posted: 22/1/2013 - 18:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.