Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Con Dao worth it?

• Lost_Vagabo-
    nd

Joined Travelfish
    31st October, 2012

Hi there,

I'm planning on a 3 week trip to Vietnam in April and was thinking of checking out Con Dao. I'm not sure if it would be worth the extra expense? It seems like its not been touched significantly by mass tourism (yet). I'm aware of the fact that it will be a plane trip there and also most likely elevated prices on the island. Is there actually any budget/reasonable accommodation on the island?

#1 Posted: 30/11/2012 - 16:27

• Advertisement

• guidosaigon

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2013

Posted from within Vietnam.

There's not much there, but the beach and surrounding water is pristine. Most of the island is a nature preserve, so monkeys are running around everywhere. Con Dao resort is a decent hotel that is govt run. Many war veterans go there to pay their respects. The island is notorious for its colonial prisons, and many Vietnamese don't want to go there, due to all of the spirits of killed prisoners. It's as cheap as anywhere in VN.

#2 Posted: 6/1/2013 - 14:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.