Vietnam forum

Anyone have been to Monkey Island in Catba

• trulyasiala-
    nd

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 2

Posted from within Vietnam.

I am on my way to Hanoi and intend to travel to Halong bay and Catba island for some days. I head about kayaking in Lan Ha bay and swim at Monkey Island beach. Have you ever done this tour and any of you head about Monkey Island Resort bungalows there? Is it reliable to stay for some nights?

#1 Posted: 4/12/2012 - 10:21

• Advertisement

• andy331

Joined Travelfish
    4th May, 2010

I stayed there a couple of months ago. Highly recommended. The island is absolutely beautiful, and the hotel staff are super nice and accommodating. The food is delicious but takes quite a long time to be served...which is really the only complaint I had. I would definitely stay there again.

#2 Posted: 4/12/2012 - 23:35

• Spinal

Joined Travelfish
    28th February, 2010

I was on the island about three weeks ago as part of a 3 day/two night trip around Halong Bay. Kayaking around Lan Ha bay is really nice and quieter than the main Halong bay area and hiking around the hills on Cat Ba was good fun too - nice views from the tops. Monkey Island has some nice sandy beaches for chilling out in the sun but watch out for the eponymous primates. The monkeys are very opportunistic when it comes to swiping your food/drink/bags and they are getting aggressive - I saw one of them bite a German woman when I was there and was told this wasn't an isolated incident.

Cheers,
    Andy

#3 Posted: 8/12/2012 - 13:39

• trulyasiala-
    nd

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 2

Thank you for your reply, our family is going there on this September as some of my friends say that it is good weather and the water is the most clean in Autumn. Any more information, please help us before the tour.

#4 Posted: 21/7/2013 - 23:17

• joebuki

Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2013

It's the best choices for family staying there in my opinion.
    But 2 nights is my suggestion because you will feel boring if longer.

#5 Posted: 28/8/2013 - 12:54

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Khanh Huyen hotel Catba Island ... By StuartG on 29 Nov 2010 1 1615 30 Nov 2010
Monkey Island Resort or Hotel in Cat Ba? ... By barbarajose53 on 22 Dec 2011 0 1969 22 Dec 2011
Monkey Island Guesthouse/Restaurant - Maesai, Chiangrai - British Owner ... By julianbroad on 24 Nov 2006 0 2595 24 Nov 2006