Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Buy or rent motorbike in Da nang / Hue / Hoi An

• anselme

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2012

Hello,

How are you?
    I'm a tourist travelling in Vietnam for the next month. My and my girlfriend are going to arrive in Da nang on sunday at noon. Our plans is to buy or rent a bike in Da Nang and go to Ho Chi Minh.
    I think it will be difficult to find a agency which rent some motorbikes that we can drop in Ho Chi Minh.
    So i guess the buying option is the best. But maybe you will know an adress where to look?

I saw this forum and I was wondering if you could give us any tips or adress and to ask for a motorbike.
    Our budget would be 300$ maximum in case we buy a motorbike.

Thanks in advance,

Anselme

#1 Posted: 7/12/2012 - 04:25

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Posted from within Vietnam.

This site may be useful as they allow pick up and drop off at a number of locations. http://www.saigonscootercentre.com/forRent.asp

I'm currently motor biking in the Delta (on rental bikes) - can't recommend it highly enough!

#2 Posted: 7/12/2012 - 19:00

• LolaNguyen

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2012

If you are in Hoi An , the best thing to do if you want to buy a bike would be to spend a couple of days asking around at backpacker hotels (the ones on Ba Trieu St and maybe the sunflower or green fields hotels on the Cua Dai Rd) sometimes travellers leave bikes at the hotels when they can't sell them on and are leaving Vietnam via Da Nang. If you have no luck then contact Hoi An Motorbike Adventures and they will point you in the right direction. You are best to buy, if anything happens to a rental bike whilst you are on the road you will be charged top whack to replace the bike and this can be incredibly expensive, selling a bike in Saigon should be relatively easy. When you buy your bike you must get papers for it. Its coming up to Tet and there are lots of police checks, without papers you will either pay a very hefty fine or get your bike impounded.
    Choose a bike that is very common and you will have no problems getting it fixed wherever you breakdown, Honda's are a good bet, Minsks are a nightmare.
    Buy the best helmets you can find, make sure your lights work, it has at least one wing mirror and the horn (and brakes) work.. normal finable offences in the lead up to Tet.
    Drive carefully and have a great time, you'll love it!

#3 Posted: 16/12/2012 - 19:40

• venorica

Joined Travelfish
    18th October, 2012

bike or motorbike

#4 Posted: 25/12/2012 - 02:36

• jackdd789

Joined Travelfish
    6th August, 2014

Hello Anselme

I have a couple of sites that I check as i am looking for a motorbike as well the sites are: http://tnhvietnam.xemzi.com/listing/home?type=33/motorcycles and https://vietnam.craigslist.org/search/mcy?query=hoi+an

Hope they help you .

Cheers Jack

#5 Posted: 6/8/2014 - 08:20

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.