HCMC Airport Hotels

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

I've read some previous posts and know from experience that the city centre is only 30 minutes out - with the correct time of day and cab driver, but with a 1am arrival and a noon (international) departure - we'd rather just get a good nights sleep around the airport.

My question is, has anyone stayed in the string of hotels around Phu Nhuan Stadium - especially between the airport and there? It looks like you can walk to those hotels and don't have to deal with taxis - which I would prefere, unless the neighborhood is overly sketchy.

Any recommendations in the area of the airport, around 15 USD a night? I've read through a number of agoda reviews - but just looking for and tf-thoughts.

Most specifically - has anyone stayed at one of these places with good coffee and a nice place to sit in the morning before we hoist our bags on and head back to the airport the next day?

#1 Posted: 14/12/2012 - 22:52

• Advertisement

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

bump (just this once)

#2 Posted: 18/12/2012 - 01:24

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Damn I missed this post -- I left Saigon yesterday and could have taken a looksee had I seen it.

So I didn't and don't have a useful answer unfortunately. At 1am you will get a fast run into town though ...

#3 Posted: 18/12/2012 - 01:29

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.