Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

3 weeks in Vietnam

• MorrieC

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2010

My wife and I will be traveling in Vietnam for 3 weeks. There will be 8 adults in our group and would like suggestions on our itinerary. We are the type that like to enjoy and get to know a place before moving on. The following is an outline of what we have planed so far.

Arrive in Ho Chi Minh City on 17th and fly to Nah Trang on the 19th
    Nah Trang 19th to 22nd.
    Travel to Qui Nhon on the 22 stay the night
    Travel from Qui Nhon on the 23rd to Hoi An
    Hoi An 23rd to 27th Taking in the New Moon festival and visiting Marble Mountain and Danang
    Fly from Danang to Ho Chi Min City on the 28th
    Ho Chi Minh City 28-31st visiting area
    April 1 travel to Can Tho to April 3 Leave on April 4 back to Ho Chi Minh Cith
    Fly Home on April 5th.

We have been to Vietnam one other time and loved the experience. What is Nah Trang like? Is it worth spending this much time there? Hoi An is a town we really enjoyed and want to take in the New Moon Festival hopefully we picked the dates correctly.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated.

#1 Posted: 25/12/2012 - 21:23

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

You either love Nha Trang or just the opposite. I'm one of the opposites. There is no doubt that NT has quite a nice beach area, but what I really dislike is the city feel to the place, and when compared to Hoi An, it simply doesn't cut the mustard with me. NT is fine for young adults wanting to party and have a good old time, but I far prefer the beauty and high standards that I've found in Hoi An. I'm sure others will disagree, but I've had my 2 cents!

#2 Posted: 26/12/2012 - 11:23

• MorrieC

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2010

Thank you for the quick reply. One or two days may be ok for us just to see Nha Trang and the area but we are open for suggestions of places that may be more interesting that are between Ho Chi Minh City and Hoi An?

Have you been to Qui Nhon ? Qui Nhon was suggested by an acquaintance (expat) that lived in Hanoi, said the city was laid back and enjoyable to visit.

Thank you

#3 Posted: 26/12/2012 - 20:14

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

No, but Qui Nhon is on my list of possibilities also. You might also consider the Central Highlands - tourist free and uncrowded. Dalat is just over the hill from Nha Trang with the freshest produce in all of VN, and it's an easy flight from there to HCMC.

#4 Posted: 26/12/2012 - 21:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.