Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Restriction on lcarrying iquids on VN internl flights

• m4yb

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

A little tip for people on internal flights in VN: pack your liquids in you checked luggage as if on international flight!
    In Australia, there is no restriction on carrying liquids, eg a bottle of wine, etc, in your carryon, on domestic flights. Curious about that, I checked VN Airline's website and our etickets prior to flying, no mention of restriction.
    Turned up at Tan Son Nhut Airport, HCMC, with my opened bottle of dutyfree rum, some beer and the usual big water bottle in my carry on.
    Was picked up at security for the above but luckily was allowed to go downstairs, queue at the checkin counter again and check another bag.
    Lesson learnt!

#1 Posted: 26/12/2012 - 17:36

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I'm really surprised that Australia permits liquids in carry on - are they the only country that does so?

I can tell you one thing - most SE Asian countries are particularly careful when it comes to scissors. I was carrying round-nosed cuticle scissors (hard to break balloons with these), and they were confiscated in Laos, and I'm sure Vietnam would have taken them too.

#2 Posted: 26/12/2012 - 21:40

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.