Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

The week before tet: how soon should I book transport?

Posted by GhostOfTomJoad on 14/1/2013 at 19:56

I've read the article that travelfish put up about tet, and it answered a few of my questions but just need a bit of help regarding this. I plan to travel to Hanoi from Hue on February 5th, will I have trouble getting train or bus tickets if I leave this until I get to hue, which will probably be the 2nd? Or should I book it online by the end of January? I don't mind taking a soft seat on the train, or a night bus so I am flexible.

#1 GhostOfTomJoad has been a member since 23/8/2012. Posts: 13

Posted by Biabc on 14/1/2013 at 20:04

I want to travel from ho ian to Hue did You have ideia about the best way to do it?

#2 Biabc has been a member since 7/1/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by maryjame on 14/1/2013 at 21:45

Posted from within Vietnam.

So you should book online , because this time it is difficult to book train ticket and the price is more higher.
Good luck to you!

#3 maryjame has been a member since 14/1/2013. Posts: 9

Posted by maryjame on 14/1/2013 at 21:51

Posted from within Vietnam.

I want to travel from ho ian to Hue did You have ideia about the best way to do it?
About 140km from Hoi An to Hue, so I think you should go by bus (open bus). You can ask your hotel buy ticket for you.

#4 maryjame has been a member since 14/1/2013. Posts: 9

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.