Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Help - itinerary

• SBKM

Joined Travelfish
    23rd August, 2012

Hello lovely people,

We land in Hanoi in two days with the intention of travelling down the coast over the next 30 days in order to make our way to Cambodia (not the first people to do this route...)

The issue we have is that we have heard the weather in North and Central Vietnam isn't the best at the moment. Would we encounter better weather along our travels were we to fly straight to HCMC once we get to Hanoi? This way we would travel up to coast back up to the North over a 30 day period and then possibly fly to Cambodia.

With Tet falling during our travels I'm wondering if such a drastic change of plans would really benefit us, would be interested to hear some thoughts!

#1 Posted: 14/1/2013 - 23:27

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I wouldn't change your existing plan -- Hanoi is cold this time of year, but it will still be pretty cold at the end of the month too. Also, as you mention with Tet falling in your travels you may have some challenges rebooking stuff. We have a story covering planning around Tet here.

#2 Posted: 15/1/2013 - 17:27

• travellings-
    arah

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2010
    Location Vietnam
    Total reviews: 11

Posted from within Vietnam.

I agree with somtam. I'm here (Hanoi) and yes, it's cold, wet and miserable but it is unlikely to get much better for at least a month. And you can still enjoy it, despite the weather, and then defrost as you head south.

#3 Posted: 15/1/2013 - 22:15

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.