Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

WARNING: It's Festival Time in HUE!

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

The Hue Festival will run for 4 days beginning 2007 JUN 10 so if you haven't booked your accommodation expect things to be TIGHT as the Vietnamese will fill all 260+ hotels and guesthouses in the city.

Economy accommodation can be found in an alley (Kiet) running from 66 LE LOI (opposite the Century Riverside) and at some Guesthouses located in the 2-3 block area around the L'Residence (although NOT AT this 4* property).

#1 Posted: 3/6/2007 - 23:57

• Advertisement

• carmen75

Joined Travelfish
    19th April, 2007

Another good tip by catba. i have had trouble myself getting accommodation at this time of year. Though do note that it is an EXCELLENT time to be in the city as there are always really good things to see- lots of public art exhibitions and good local and international performances.

#2 Posted: 18/6/2007 - 12:48

• carmen75

Joined Travelfish
    19th April, 2007

Actually I was just looking at the Hue Festival web page, and in 2007 they are not actually having the Hue Festival- but there is a handicrafts festival going on- not sure if that attracts the same numbers or not??

#3 Posted: 18/6/2007 - 17:49

• carmen75

Joined Travelfish
    19th April, 2007

Actually I was just looking at the Hue Festival web page, and in 2007 they are not actually having the Hue Festival- but there is a handicrafts festival going on- not sure if that attracts the same numbers or not??

#4 Posted: 18/6/2007 - 17:51

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

The intent of my post was to warn of a shortage of rooms here in Hue. In any event th crowds have gone.

As for the event there were a lot of activities all over the citadel area as well as parts of the city centre including parades.

A 'rock' concert was held at the stadium near Dong Da and Hung Vuong Streets.

#5 Posted: 18/6/2007 - 22:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.