Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Sigon Post Office

• dcuhel

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2007

Can someone tell me about the HCM City Post office.
    Is it Reliable????
    Is it Quick??
    How much would a 1 Kilo package to the USA be???

Thanks for any help.

#1 Posted: 4/6/2007 - 10:53

• Advertisement

• ernieh

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi dcuhel,

Ten days ago, I sent a small package to Canada from HMC via AIR MAIL that weighed 500 grams and it cost about 208,000 dong including packaging. I was told that it would take 2-3 weeks to arrive. 1 kg is about 280,000 dong to Canada/US. (16,000 dong = USD $1)

Ernie

#2 Posted: 4/6/2007 - 11:50

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

The Vietnamese post office is fairly honest but frequently over optimistic on delivery times.

ALWAYS complete a customs declaration - no declaration and the parcel will not leave VietNam.

Don't seal the parcel until checking with the pos tal clerk.

#3 Posted: 5/6/2007 - 19:11

• jlunde96

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2009

Hi. I sent a package to Ho Chi Minh City and accidentally spelled the name wrong. The Post Office there will not allow the person to pick it up until I contact the Post Office and have it corrected. Does anyone know how to do that or the email or phone number of the HCM City PO so I can correct this problem?

#4 Posted: 7/1/2009 - 05:59

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

For a developing country, I'd give Vietnampost a grade of B+ (their stamps are one hell of a lot nicer than ours - USA). My postcards were delivered PDQ!

#5 Posted: 12/1/2009 - 01:36

• ngoaisongmu-
    abay

Joined Travelfish
    1st August, 2011

Hello Vietnam,
    I have a question myself too.
    At beginning of July/2011, I have sent a small package to my relative in Da Nang City by US post office as in express delivery # EM 155166841 US. As the report from US post office, this package has come to Vietnam on July 13/2011 and it is keeping by custom of Vietnam.
    As the US post office promise, this package was suppose to reach my relatives in 5 business days but it is now already 1 month, they still not hear anything from it. May I ask how long more waiting for my relative to receive this package? US Post office has suggested that I should request for it returns back to sender but I still want to trust the post office and customs in Vietnam to do the right thing and delivery this package to my relative ASAP.
    Please give me the advises.
    Thank you and sincerely,
    HV

#6 Posted: 1/8/2011 - 13:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Is the post office reliable Hanoi ... By averydka99 on 2 Nov 2010 11 8378 19 Jul 2013
Luang Prabang post office address ... By bd7391 on 27 Jan 2013 1 1589 28 Jan 2013
Pattaya Travellers: Beware of Maneerat Transport & Travel (on Soi Post Office) ... By hunghung on 15 Apr 2008 19 4342 12 May 2010